Thread poster: Lucas Rayel

Lucas Rayel  Identity Verified
Brazil
Local time: 06:55
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Sep 12, 2011

Hello all,

I'm facing a very odd problem while using Trados 2009 and GoogleTranslator built-in.

As long as I know, when the program opens a segment it will:

1) Automatically translate the segment through google translate
2) Search the TM for the segment

The problem is: When I open a segment, it will give me a message that google translate is loading the translation and it keeps like that for a minute or so and then say that it was not possible to translate it through google. It's odd because I use 2 computers (same internet connection) and just one computer is giving me this problem.

With that said.. If it won't translate through google, it also won't search the TM for the segment.

What can I do to fix google translator in Trados? It's slowing down my output a LOTicon_frown.gif

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados Studio 2009 and google translator built-in problem

Advanced search

SDL MultiTerm 2019
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2019 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2019 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search