Thread poster: Lucas Rayel

Lucas Rayel  Identity Verified
Brazil
Local time: 08:27
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Sep 12, 2011

Hello all,

I'm facing a very odd problem while using Trados 2009 and GoogleTranslator built-in.

As long as I know, when the program opens a segment it will:

1) Automatically translate the segment through google translate
2) Search the TM for the segment

The problem is: When I open a segment, it will give me a message that google translate is loading the translation and it keeps like that for a minute or so and then say that it was not possible to translate it through google. It's odd because I use 2 computers (same internet connection) and just one computer is giving me this problem.

With that said.. If it won't translate through google, it also won't search the TM for the segment.

What can I do to fix google translator in Trados? It's slowing down my output a LOTicon_frown.gif

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados Studio 2009 and google translator built-in problem

Advanced search

memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »
Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search