Could not contact activation server (Error code 50003)
Thread poster: Αlban SHPΑTΑ

Αlban SHPΑTΑ  Identity Verified
Albania
Member (2008)
English to Albanian
+ ...
Sep 12, 2011

I installed Trados Studio 2009 on Friday, and everything looked fine. I did some work.

I am trying to start it today, but it asks for activation again! I am entering the activation code, but I get the following message: Could not contact activation server (Error code 50003).

Desperately, I tried to work on a different project in Trados 2007, but to my surprise it is also not activated and I get the same error when trying to activate it!!! I purchased the products together from SDL, I have been using only Trados 2007 for a couple of months already and it's been working fine, and I only installed 2009 recently because the software was necessary for a project.

I already tried http://kb.sdl.com/display/2/index.aspx?c=&cpc=&cid=&t=sf&r=0.803754389286041 but still nothing.

This does not look good...! Please help!

Shankaran Viswanathan  Identity Verified
India
Local time: 19:52
French to English
+ ...
Same problem with me! Sep 16, 2011

I hope you have sorted out this problem. I had a similar problem and I was able to solve it by going into msconfig utility of windows 7. Please checkout your windows configuration.

Vishwa

SDL Community  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 16:22
English
Your solution is to use the Solutio Finder Sep 17, 2011

Hi,

If you do this you should follow this path. Go to the Knowledgebase;

http://kb.sdl.com

Then go to the tab called Solution Finder and now go here;

Licensing Problems
- I receive an error message related to activating or returning my license, or I have an issue related to product activation.
-- I get error message 50003 or 50004 during license activation.

At this point you are directed to attempt to follow this KB article and see if it helps:

http://kb.sdl.com/article.aspx?article=3176&p=1

If it doesn't help then go back to the Soilution Finder and when you get to the same point click on Next because this applies:

--- I have followed the instruction in KB article #3176, but I still get the same error message.

This will bring up a form that you can fill in to generate a support request and you will be contacted, normally within a working day.

I hope this helps.

Regards

Paul

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Could not contact activation server (Error code 50003)

Advanced search

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search