Could not contact activation server (Error code 50003)
Thread poster: Αlban SHPΑTΑ

Αlban SHPΑTΑ  Identity Verified
Albania
Member (2008)
English to Albanian
+ ...
Sep 12, 2011

I installed Trados Studio 2009 on Friday, and everything looked fine. I did some work.

I am trying to start it today, but it asks for activation again! I am entering the activation code, but I get the following message: Could not contact activation server (Error code 50003).

Desperately, I tried to work on a different project in Trados 2007, but to my surprise it is also not activated and I get the same error when trying to activate it!!! I purchased the products together from SDL, I have been using only Trados 2007 for a couple of months already and it's been working fine, and I only installed 2009 recently because the software was necessary for a project.

I already tried http://kb.sdl.com/display/2/index.aspx?c=&cpc=&cid=&t=sf&r=0.803754389286041 but still nothing.

This does not look good...! Please help!

Direct link Reply with quote

Shankaran Viswanathan  Identity Verified
India
Local time: 16:12
French to English
+ ...
Same problem with me! Sep 16, 2011

I hope you have sorted out this problem. I had a similar problem and I was able to solve it by going into msconfig utility of windows 7. Please checkout your windows configuration.

Vishwa

SDL Community  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 12:42
English
Your solution is to use the Solutio Finder Sep 17, 2011

Hi,

If you do this you should follow this path. Go to the Knowledgebase;

http://kb.sdl.com

Then go to the tab called Solution Finder and now go here;

Licensing Problems
- I receive an error message related to activating or returning my license, or I have an issue related to product activation.
-- I get error message 50003 or 50004 during license activation.

At this point you are directed to attempt to follow this KB article and see if it helps:

http://kb.sdl.com/article.aspx?article=3176&p=1

If it doesn't help then go back to the Soilution Finder and when you get to the same point click on Next because this applies:

--- I have followed the instruction in KB article #3176, but I still get the same error message.

This will bring up a form that you can fill in to generate a support request and you will be contacted, normally within a working day.

I hope this helps.

Regards

Paul

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Could not contact activation server (Error code 50003)

Advanced search

Across v6.3
Translation Toolkit and Sales Potential under One Roof

Apart from features that enable you to translate more efficiently, the new Across Translator Edition v6.3 comprises your crossMarket membership. The new online network for Across users assists you in exploring new sales potential and generating revenue.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search