Trados 2009 SP2: Project files have disappeared
Thread poster: prmueller

prmueller  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 04:08
Member (2008)
English to German
Sep 13, 2011

The other day my PC crashed (Windows XP professional SP 2). When I booted up again and launched Trados 2009 SP2, two projects I was working on for a couple of days had vanished.

Both project files including folder structure were still on the hard drive, but when I tried to open them in Trados, using the Open Project command, they would not open. I am able to see the project file in the open dialog and open it, but then receive an error: "The project cannot be opened". When viewing the error details, it says the project with the GUID (a long string of gibberish follows) already exists on this server. Well, but where the heck ...?

This problem seems related to this post:
http://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/154972-moving_the_location_of_projects_in_trados_studio_2009_freelance.html

What I gather from this topic: Trados 2009 somehow seems to tag a project file as belonging to a certain instance of Trados that runs on a certain computer. Now, since Trados lost my projects during a crash, I cannot sign them off from Trados. And neither bring them back.

Any hints would be highly appreciated.

Direct link Reply with quote

Giovanni Guarnieri MITI, MIL  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 03:08
Member (2004)
English to Italian
Delete the project... Sep 13, 2011

and create a new one... and retranslate the files... you should get all the hits if you have updated the memory or if you have checked the "update" box next the the TM in Project settings the first time around...

Ondrej Elleder  Identity Verified
Local time: 04:08
English to Czech
+ ...
Something like that has just happened to me Apr 22, 2012

I googled (Trados crashed and project disappeared) and got this thread. Difference: I have Trados 2011 + I found the project file in the projects folder within the Trados folder and it opened just fine and now the project is shown along with the others.... Hope it doesn't happen again, it spooked me....

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados 2009 SP2: Project files have disappeared

Advanced search

memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »
SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2017 helps translators increase translation productivity whilst ensuring quality. Combining translation memory, terminology management and machine translation in one simple and easy-to-use environment.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search