Direct link Reply with quote

PROSGR  Identity Verified
Greece
Local time: 10:09
Member (2009)
Italian to Greek
+ ...
Verify your document using F8 Sep 14, 2011

http://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/86909-tageditor_converting_ttx_back_to_doc_error_while_writing_bookmarks.html#1498255

Ines Areal Perez
Germany
Local time: 09:09
Member (2007)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Sep 14, 2011

[Editado a las 2011-09-14 12:14 GMT]

Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
This error has nothing to do with track changes Sep 14, 2011

Ines Areal Perez wrote:

Hola:

Hay dos opciones.
1ª: Abrir el documento en word e ir a Herramientas. Allí verás si está activado el seguimiento de los cambios (en alemán está opción se llama: "Änderungs nachvervolgen", no sé como se dice en español pero el icono es una libretita con un lápiz), esa opción debe estar desactivada.
Desactívala y guarda el documento y vuelvo a abrir con Tag Editor.

Si esto no funciona vete a.
En todos los programas a SDL International > SDL Trados 2007 > Trados > Filters> Filter Settings.
En la ventana de Filter settings en el programa Word, vete a Non accepted or rejected changes.

Deja cliqueado "Process documents with non accepted or rejected changes" y dale a save.
Cierra trados y tag editor y vuelve a abrilos e intenta guardar el documento. Así debería funcionar.
Después me dice

I do not speak Spanish, but for what I see you explain what to do if a document with tracked changes cannot be opened.
The error in question is however caused by missing paragraph marks before section breaks.
Usually it is enough to insert that paragraph marks where they are missing in the source file, save the file and try again to produce target from TTX. It works in most cases, so no retranslation is needed.

matt robinson  Identity Verified
Spain
Member (2010)
Spanish to English
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Sep 14, 2011

Thanks to everyone who responded.
It appears that a very understanding PM has solved the problem, but I don't have the details yet.
I will give more information if and when I receive it.

Thanks again.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

TagEditor save target as...gives "error while writing breaks"

Advanced search

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search