Customized QuickInsert Buttons in Trados 2009 disappeared
Thread poster: Anja Weggel

Anja Weggel  Identity Verified
Local time: 17:56
Member (2007)
English to German
Sep 14, 2011

Hello everyone,

I have a bit of a mystery here so I hope someone out there can help me solve it.

I have Trados 2009 and I am currently working on a relatively plain xls file. The text contains a lot of {0} and {1} (in text, not in tags) and I need them in the target xls like that as well. Therefore, I decided to put them on QuickInsert buttons. I typed them in under QuickInsert > Microsoft Excel 2000-2003 and checked the box "display in toolbar". Unfortunately however my QuickInsert toolbar does longer contain any customized buttons.
All the regular ones (b, i, tm, etc.) are there and I also checked View>Toolbar>QuickInsert. There is also the button for the "Insert Tag dialog box". When I open it, there is the list including {0} and {1} and I can insert them. This is however rather cumbersome. Therefore my question, does anyone have an idea how I can get back my 10 customized buttons? Plus, is there any way to put them on shortcuts?

I really appreciate your help!
Thanks a lot
Anja

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Customized QuickInsert Buttons in Trados 2009 disappeared

Advanced search

WordFinder Unlimited
For clarity and excellence

WordFinder is the leading dictionary service that gives you the words you want anywhere, anytime. Access 260+ dictionaries from the world's leading dictionary publishers in virtually any device. Find the right word anywhere, anytime - online or offline.

More info »
SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2017 helps translators increase translation productivity whilst ensuring quality. Combining translation memory, terminology management and machine translation in one simple and easy-to-use environment.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search