Customized QuickInsert Buttons in Trados 2009 disappeared
Thread poster: Anja Weggel

Anja Weggel  Identity Verified
Local time: 18:57
Member (2007)
English to German
Sep 14, 2011

Hello everyone,

I have a bit of a mystery here so I hope someone out there can help me solve it.

I have Trados 2009 and I am currently working on a relatively plain xls file. The text contains a lot of {0} and {1} (in text, not in tags) and I need them in the target xls like that as well. Therefore, I decided to put them on QuickInsert buttons. I typed them in under QuickInsert > Microsoft Excel 2000-2003 and checked the box "display in toolbar". Unfortunately however my QuickInsert toolbar does longer contain any customized buttons.
All the regular ones (b, i, tm, etc.) are there and I also checked View>Toolbar>QuickInsert. There is also the button for the "Insert Tag dialog box". When I open it, there is the list including {0} and {1} and I can insert them. This is however rather cumbersome. Therefore my question, does anyone have an idea how I can get back my 10 customized buttons? Plus, is there any way to put them on shortcuts?

I really appreciate your help!
Thanks a lot
Anja

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Customized QuickInsert Buttons in Trados 2009 disappeared

Advanced search

SDL MultiTerm 2017
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2017 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2017 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »
SDL Trados Studio 2017 only €415 / $495
Get the cheapest prices for SDL Trados Studio 2017 on ProZ.com

Join this translator’s group buy brought to you by ProZ.com and buy SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance for only €415 / $495 / £325 / ¥60,000 You will also receive FREE access to our getting started eLearning program!

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search