Using Studio 2011 instead of WordFast
Thread poster: Hellmut Kohlsdorf
Dominique Pivard
Dominique Pivard  Identity Verified
Local time: 08:43
Finnish to French
In what way less than satisfactory? Oct 25, 2011

Maurice Devroye wrote:
I applied Paul Filkin's method to create a TXML file type in Studio. The results I came up with are less than satisfactorily.

Can you tell us in what way Paul's method was less than satisfactory?

Maurice Devroye wrote:
To answer Hellmut's original wish: have you come across an efficient TXML file type (or filter) in order to open a Wordfast document in Studio?

Not an answer to your question, but FWIW, I've been told the next version of memoQ (due soon) will include a dedicated TXML filter (as opposed to the generic XML filter found in Studio).

Dominique Pivard
Dominique Pivard  Identity Verified
Local time: 08:43
Finnish to French
TXML support in memoQ now available Nov 3, 2011

Dominique Pivard wrote:
Not an answer to your question, but FWIW, I've been told the next version of memoQ (due soon) will include a dedicated TXML filter (as opposed to the generic XML filter found in Studio).

FWIW, memoQ now supports the TXML format natively: http://kilgray.com/news/we-could-have-called-it-memoq-52

Pages in topic:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Using Studio 2011 instead of WordFast

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »