Thread poster: Akke Wagenaar

Akke Wagenaar  Identity Verified
Senegal
Local time: 02:36
Member (2011)
English to Dutch
+ ...
Sep 15, 2011

Great. I have never encountered a problem like this. Buying a software for € 515 and not being able to download it. I read all the former posts on this problem. It's really ridiculous. I spent 24 hours now trying to download the software = no way. I installed Internet Download Manager to enforce the download and shut down Defender and Firewall = but what happens? SDL website cuts off the login after 2 hours and IDM stops downloading. I have never seen a company like this. Great regrets. I must download the software, it's needed - unfortunately - what a mess .... SDL, get your stuff together. Why have people pay this amount and not offer direct support? I have bought software for $29 and got every support I needed. It's simply ridiculous! I am spending days and days already just trying to download the software ...

Direct link Reply with quote

Stefano Nicola D'Amato  Identity Verified
Local time: 22:36
Spanish to English
+ ...
Welcome to the world of SDL Sep 15, 2011

Hello,

I appreciate your frustration.
I went through the same thing with the original download. It took me 2 days to download something that should have taken 6 minutes. Or maybe it actually took 3 days, now that I think of it.

I thought it was because I am located in the US and I believe that SDL's download server is in Europe. I never got an answer as to why it took so long. Well, you're not alone. Good luck for the frustrating, bumpy ride ahead. The good news is that you have peers in these forums who understand your frustration and you can get it off your chest.

Nicolas Coyer  Identity Verified
Colombia
Local time: 21:36
Spanish to French
+ ...
Slow Sep 15, 2011

I must agree that the download is reeeeally slow.
It took me hours to download 2009 with a broadband that works perfectly with other downloads... It seems to be capped to about 50-60KB/s!
They offer also D/L from an FTP server, but it doesn't help much.

[Modifié le 2011-09-16 00:08 GMT]

SDL Community  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 04:36
English
Direct support Sep 16, 2011

akkefall wrote:
SDL, get your stuff together. Why have people pay this amount and not offer direct support? I have bought software for $29 and got every support I needed. It's simply ridiculous! I am spending days and days already just trying to download the software ...

Hi,

We provide support for all download, installation and licensing issues for everyone. Go to the Knowledgebase;

http://kb.sdl.com

Then go to the tab called Solution Finder and now go here;

Download & Installation Problems
- I have a problem with downloading my software.
-- Downloading is slow, hangs, does not start, or times out.
--- I have followed all instructions from the article, but I still have a problem downloading my software.

This will bring up a form that you can fill in to generate a support request and you will be contacted, normally within a day.

I hope this helps.

Regards

Paul

Akke Wagenaar  Identity Verified
Senegal
Local time: 02:36
Member (2011)
English to Dutch
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks for replies Sep 16, 2011

Thanks everybody for reacting so quickly. Strangely enough, after I posted, my connection speed went up to amazing heights and I was able to download the entire package of 3 executables of about 600 MB in a couple of hours and install them!
Let me advise everybody to use Internet Download Manager, because it has a resume capacity.
During the install of Multiterm a window popped up: MultiTermWordInterface password: and I have no idea what that password is ... But I will open another thread for that.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trouble downloading SDL Trados

Advanced search

SDL MultiTerm 2017
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2017 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2017 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search