Paula Mahler
Paula Mahler
Argentina
Local time: 10:11
French to Spanish
+ ...
Sep 16, 2011

Hello,
When I took the first level training for TRADOS STUDIO 2009, one example was with a Power Point file. Yesterday, I tried to translate for the first time this kind of file, but I could not. No tags, no format, only the first phrase enabled and then, nothing.
I thought it was an advantage of this CAT programm...
Thank you for the answers and advices.
Paula

Paola Turakiewich Fantina
Paola Turakiewich Fantina  Identity Verified
Argentina
Local time: 10:11
English to Spanish
+ ...
Specify the problem, please =) Sep 16, 2011

Hello Paula,

As far as I am concerned, you can translate PPT files with Trados Studio 2009. I had once to do it, and everything was ok. What kind of problem do you have?

Nora Diaz
Nora Diaz  Identity Verified
Mexico
Local time: 06:11
Member (2002)
English to Spanish
+ ...
One of my main uses for Studio 2009 Sep 16, 2011

Hi Paula,

Powerpoint is one of the most common file types I translate with Studio and it works perfectly fine.

Regarding the no tags and no formatting issue you mention, it could be due to your tag/formatting display settings. To check, go to the Tools menu in Studio, choose Options, then Editor. In this window you can see your formatting display style and change it to see if it makes a difference.

I agree with Paola, if you give us a more detailed explana
... See more
Hi Paula,

Powerpoint is one of the most common file types I translate with Studio and it works perfectly fine.

Regarding the no tags and no formatting issue you mention, it could be due to your tag/formatting display settings. To check, go to the Tools menu in Studio, choose Options, then Editor. In this window you can see your formatting display style and change it to see if it makes a difference.

I agree with Paola, if you give us a more detailed explanation of the problem, the community may be able to help.
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Using SDL TRADOS STUDIO 2009 with Power Point files

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »