SDL Studio 2009 comments not highlighted
Thread poster: Daniel Ernwein

Daniel Ernwein  Identity Verified
Local time: 05:24
English to French
Sep 16, 2011

Hello,

When adding comments to a translation in Studio 2009, I notice that those comments are not highlighted anymore. When I hover the mouse over the "commented text", the comment will show up as it should. Since no comment is highlighted anymore, the only way I can find out if there are comments in the file is to open the View > Comments window.

I also noticed that this "bug" seems to be saved within the SDLXLIFF file since when the file is opened in another PC, comments aren't highlighted either, though they are saved properly in the file and do appear in the View > Comment window as well (exactly the same behavior as in my installation).

I am not sure whether this happens with all file formats, but so far, I found out the problem happens with doc files (*.doc and docx).

Of course, I checked the options, trying to change highlight colors and else, with no luck. I also tried to reinstall Studio 2009. I think I also deleted a few weeks ago the personal settings of Studio to see if it would help...

I have the latest version of Studio 2009 (SP3 9.1.2297.8) but I already had the bug with a previous version. I am not sure what could have triggered it.
Any advise?

Daniel

SDL Community  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 11:24
English
Can I see an SDLXLIFF with this problem? Sep 17, 2011

Hi Daniel,

If you can send me an example SDLXLIFF that exhibits this behaviour it would be helpful.

Rergards

Paul
pfilkin@sdl.com

Daniel Ernwein  Identity Verified
English to French
TOPIC STARTER
Fixed! Sep 19, 2011

I got my problem fixed with Paul's suggestions (given by email):

Can you try deleting the following files in C:\Documents and Settings\\Application Data\SDL\SDL Trados Studio\9.1.0.0 and restart. If you are using Vista it will be C:\Users\\AppData\Roaming\SDL\SDL Trados Studio\9.1.0.0\.

BaseSettings.xml
Plugincache.xml
UserSettings.xml

They will be recreated and it may help. You will lose all custom settings you have made and the defaults will be back, but if you rename these first then after seeing whether it makes any difference you can delete the new ones that are created and put the old ones back. If this works, can you send me the old ones and the new ones as it would be interesting to see what the difference was.

Now, SDL is analysing my personal settings to see what could have triggered the problem.

Thanks Paul!

machard
Comments not highlighted in .xml file Nov 10, 2011

I am not sure whether this happens with all file formats, but so far, I found out the problem happens with doc files (*.doc and docx).

I work with .xml files and have the same problem. Paul's fix did not work for me. If someone finds another solution, it would help!

SDL Community  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
English
Can I see the xml file? Nov 10, 2011

Hi machard,

If you can share the xml file and also give me a description of what you are trying to do then perhaps we can help.

Regards

Paul
pfilkin@sdl.com

Joel Earnest
Swedish to English
Editor settings Nov 10, 2011

Take a look at the settings for Editor, under Formatting Display Style.
If this is set to Show all tags but do not show formatting, you won't see any highlighting.
This has been fixed in Studio 2011.

Nathalie Robin
English to French
Thank you very much, I had the same pb and it worked with Seven as well Nov 19, 2011

Thank you very much, I had the same pb and it worked with Seven as well (Trados 2009 sp3)

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

SDL Studio 2009 comments not highlighted

Advanced search

SDL Trados Studio 2019 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2019 has evolved to bring translators a brand new experience. Designed with user experience at its core, Studio 2019 transforms how new users get up and running, helps experienced users make the most of the powerful features, ensures new

More info »
Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search