Thread poster: Xenoglossy
Xenoglossy
Xenoglossy
Local time: 05:40
English to Spanish
+ ...
Sep 17, 2011

Hello guys

I have some translation memories in SDLX format (.mdb) and I need them converted into TMX format.
I know how to do it, but the thing is that I need to convert thousands and thousands of .mdb files and I have to do it one by one. Is there a way to automate this process? Any utility that works in batch mode?

Thanks

RWS Community
RWS Community
United Kingdom
English
Use Studio Sep 17, 2011

Hi AGV,

If you use the upgrade TM facility in Studio you can add multiple TMs of various formats, and convert them to an SDLTM. You can group these by language, one to one, or customise how you want them merged.

During this process a tgempoprary file is created for each TM in TMX format and there is an option to retain this rather than delete it.

I don't know what the limit is for the number you can do at any one time, but if you have Studio then perhaps t
... See more
Hi AGV,

If you use the upgrade TM facility in Studio you can add multiple TMs of various formats, and convert them to an SDLTM. You can group these by language, one to one, or customise how you want them merged.

During this process a tgempoprary file is created for each TM in TMX format and there is an option to retain this rather than delete it.

I don't know what the limit is for the number you can do at any one time, but if you have Studio then perhaps this will help?

Regards

Paul
Collapse

Xenoglossy
Xenoglossy
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
... Sep 17, 2011

SDL Support wrote:

Hi AGV,

I don't know what the limit is for the number you can do at any one time, but if you have Studio then perhaps this will help?

Regards

Paul

Hey Paul thank you, I'll try what you've said.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Converting Translation Memories from MDB to TMX

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »