Trados Tr. Memory taskbar button? (Mod: Workbench program window cannot be resized)
Thread poster: LuciaC

LuciaC
United Kingdom
Local time: 21:15
English to Italian
+ ...
Apr 30, 2004

I have a little problem when I try to open Translation Memory (freelance 5, I've been using for 2 years without any problems). When I click on the icon, it opens as a taskbar button only in a minimized size. When I click on the button, I cannot restore the window in order to work with it. I can only mazimise it or minimized it and in both cases, although the software does work, I cannot see the Trados window while I work. When it's mazimised, I cannot change the shape of the window to reduce it to the desired size - it just minimizes again.
No problem with Multiterm.

I have now spent two evenings trying to understand what I need to do, read Microsoft Support tips about taskbars etc - because it seems to me it's more of a Windows XP HE problem than a Trados one but to no avail.

Any suggestions? I hope it is a silly thing, that's why I have waited to post this, but I am giving up.

Thank you in advance for your patience.
Lucia

Direct link Reply with quote

Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 22:15
English to German
+ ...
Moving the thread... Apr 30, 2004

...to Trados Support.

Have a look at this article on the Trados Knowledge Base.

HTH, Ralf

LuciaC
United Kingdom
Local time: 21:15
English to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you so much, Ralf, Apr 30, 2004

that did the trick.
Lucia

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados Tr. Memory taskbar button? (Mod: Workbench program window cannot be resized)

Advanced search

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search