Thread poster: Ditte Duclert

Ditte Duclert  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 14:17
Member (2011)
English to Danish
+ ...
Sep 18, 2011

When I try to click the button Create New Termbase in Trados 2007 I get the following error message:

"Object reference not set to an instance of an object."

What is that supposed to mean exactly?

Thanks!

Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
Where do you click exactly? Sep 18, 2011

What is your exact program version?
Do you have only Multiterm 2007 installed (as there is no such option in Trados 2007 AFAIR)?
Or do you have Multiterm 2007 and Studio 2009/Multiterm 2009 on the same machine?

Pascale Pluton  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Member (2005)
English to French
+ ...
The same here Sep 19, 2011

I have exactly the same problem.
This message appears when I start my computer.

The Termbase doesn't seem to work anymore since I use it with Studio 2009. It seems to be either/or.

and now it seems that I can not create any new termbase in Trados 8 either.icon_frown.gif

What is the point of having them both if I can not use the termbase ?!?

I wish IT would be a bit less complicated ...icon_frown.gif

Pascale

SDL Community  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
English
Maybe we can work through this? Sep 19, 2011

Hi,

I'm a little confused about who's using what here. Basically, once you have Studio you should also have MultiTerm 2009.

If you have MultiTerm 2009 then you no longer need Multiterm 2007 at all. The only exception to this is if you are working with customers using MultiTerm 2007 Server and you need to connect on line.

So, before you install the 2009 software you should do the following:

1. Uninstall Multiterm 2007
2. Make sure you have SDL Trados 2007 Suite (so uninstall earlier versions on Trados and install Suite that comes with Studio)

Now, when you install MultiTerm 2009 you should only have to open a 2007 termbase and it will be upgraded to the new format. Once you have done this it will be available for use with Studio. Studio cannot use the old 2007 termbases.

Perhaps you can confirm what you have tried so far and we can see what needs to be done to get to the bottom of your problems.

Regards

Paul

Ditte Duclert  Identity Verified
Spain
Member (2011)
English to Danish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Sep 19, 2011

Thanks for your answers!

I don't have MultiTerm at all and I can't figure out on sdl.com where to download it. I contacted them about it and I am awaiting a reply. I think that the fact that I do not have Multiterm is the bottom of my problem here.

I use Studio 2009 for my translations but when I opened Trados 2007 I saw the possibility on the opening page to create a termbase, so I thought I would give it a go.

Thanks!

SDL Community  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
English
It's in your "My Downloads" Sep 19, 2011

Hi Ditte,

Go to your "My Account" and login. Once you are in look pon the left hand menu and you will see a link to "My Downloads". Click on this and you will see yoiu have the following in the right hand pane:

+ SDL Trados Studio 2009 Freelance

Click on the little plus symbol and it will expand to show you downloads for the following:

SDL MultiTerm 2009 Desktop SP4
SDL Trados Studio 2009 SP3
SDL Trados 2007 Suite Freelance

That's it. You should be able to download the first one in the list, MultiTerm, and install it onto your system.

Regards

Paul

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Create Termbase Trados 2007

Advanced search

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search