Studio 2009 "Cannot validate SDL plug-in"
Thread poster: Caroline Lakey

Caroline Lakey  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 02:14
French to English
Sep 19, 2011

Hello,
I have a fairly standard-looking Word file (with a few images, nothing else that appears unusual) to translate.
When I try to open it in Studio 2009, the system sits for what seems like forever, then comes up with an error message which begins "Cannot validate SDL plug-in".

The rest of the message reads:
SdlDesktop Platform Implmentation Exceptions FilteredExceptionFilter,
SdlDesktop Platform Version = 1.1.0.0 Culture=neutral
PublicKeyToken=c28cdb26c445c888 : C:\ProgramFiles\SDL\SDL, Trados Studio\Studio1\Sdl Desktop Platform.dll

I have no problem with any other files, including hefty ppt ones and awkward pdfs.
I would be really grateful if anyone has an idea of what could be causing this issue. Please let me know if you need any further details.
Many thanks!
Caroline

Edited for typo

[Edited at 2011-09-19 06:58 GMT]

Direct link Reply with quote

France
French to English
TOPIC STARTER
Issue solved! Sep 19, 2011

Issue solved by Paul at SDL, who contacted me directly (many thanks Paul!).
Incidentally, it was as simple as saving the document as a .docx file (why didn't I think of that?).

phoebehursey
English to Chinese
Cannot validate SDL plugin: Oct 23, 2011

Hi, Caroline

Could you tell me how you sorted this issue ? I can't see Paul's answer on the website.

I had the same problem with my MultiTerm 2009. Every time when I open it, it shows : "Cannot validate SDL plugin:sd.MultiTerm.Studio.Editor.Commandline. communitcation settings command line processor. SDl.Mult Term.studio.Editor.version=8.1.00.culture=neutral.Public key Token=c28cdb 26c888

Could you help me out on this!

Many thanks!

Phoebe

France
French to English
TOPIC STARTER
I'm not sure it'll help, unfortunately Oct 24, 2011

Hi Pheobe,
My problem was with a document to be translated with Studio. The solution was to simply save the .doc file as .docx. However, as your problem is with MultiTerm, I'm not sure that will help, unfortunately.
Kind regards,
Caroline

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Studio 2009 "Cannot validate SDL plug-in"

Advanced search

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search