non printable characters cannot be hidden
Thread poster: Juan Manuel Macarlupu Peña

Juan Manuel Macarlupu Peña  Identity Verified
Argentina
Local time: 11:01
English to Spanish
Sep 21, 2011

Hey guys!
I'm writing to see if you can help me with this.
I have an unclean word file translated with trados 7 and word 2003 and when I open it, I cannot hide the non printable characters. When I press the button for hidding or showing the non printable characters, all it does is to show or hide the little dots that replace the spaces, but source text and tags are never hidden.
Why would that happen? any ideas?
Thanks!

Direct link Reply with quote

alessandra bocco  Identity Verified
Local time: 15:01
Member (2006)
English to Italian
+ ...
Try this Sep 21, 2011

I have an Italian version of Word, so I'm not sure about the name of the buttons in English, but you should go to Tools - Options- View and then look in the Formatting part of the document where you have to uncheck the cases "Hidden text" and "All". All non printable characters should disappear...
Alessandra

Juan Manuel Macarlupu Peña  Identity Verified
Argentina
Local time: 11:01
English to Spanish
TOPIC STARTER
What I noticed is that Sep 21, 2011

alessandra bocco wrote:

I have an Italian version of Word, so I'm not sure about the name of the buttons in English, but you should go to Tools - Options- View and then look in the Formatting part of the document where you have to uncheck the cases "Hidden text" and "All". All non printable characters should disappear...
Alessandra

You're simply the best.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

non printable characters cannot be hidden

Advanced search

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search