Tess Whitty
Tess Whitty
United States
Local time: 23:44
Member (2004)
English to Swedish
Apr 30, 2004

Hi!
I hope this subject has not been answered a thousand times already. I am trying to set up Trados Workbench. Under Term. Rec. Option, I choose Termbase location and then browse. I want to select a local dictionary but when I click on the folder, it looks empty. The only format possible is .mtw. What am I doing wrong. Grateful for help!

Ralf Lemster
Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 07:44
English to German
+ ...
More details, please... May 1, 2004

Hi Terese,
Please indicate which versions you are using, particularly which version of MultiTerm (when indicating versions, please specify the exact version number, including the build number - you'll find the information in the info item under the Help menu).

Choosing a termbase to which Workbench should connect is a function that requires MTiX (a.k.a. MultiTerm Workstation) to be installed, whereas .mtw would indicate that MultiTerm 5.x is available. Please ind
... See more
Hi Terese,
Please indicate which versions you are using, particularly which version of MultiTerm (when indicating versions, please specify the exact version number, including the build number - you'll find the information in the info item under the Help menu).

Choosing a termbase to which Workbench should connect is a function that requires MTiX (a.k.a. MultiTerm Workstation) to be installed, whereas .mtw would indicate that MultiTerm 5.x is available. Please indicate which of the two you are using.

On a general note, it's always advisable to provide systems info (OS, software versions, etc.) when making a technical enquiry.

Thanks, and best regards,
Ralf
Collapse

Vesna Zivcic
Vesna Zivcic  Identity Verified
German to Croatian
+ ...
Local dictionary? May 1, 2004

Terese Whitty wrote:
I want to select a local dictionary but when

What do you mean by "local dictionary"? Is it a Multiterm termbase or something else?

Tess Whitty
Tess Whitty
United States
Local time: 23:44
Member (2004)
English to Swedish
TOPIC STARTER
Versions May 1, 2004

Hi!

The version of TRADOS Freelance is 6.5 and the version of Multiterm is 6.2.267 (build 267), and it is iX. Thanks in advance!

Vesna Zivcic
Vesna Zivcic  Identity Verified
German to Croatian
+ ...
Two options May 1, 2004

For browsing, there are 2 options Local/Remote (Muliterm Server). Click "Local". Your MTiX termbases should be listed there.

Ralf Lemster
Germany
English to German
+ ...
Have you created a termbase? May 2, 2004

Right...
For browsing, there are 2 options Local/Remote (Muliterm Server). Click "Local". Your MTiX termbases should be listed there.

...provided that a local termbase was created. Have you, Terese?

Best, Ralf

Zineb Abdellaoui Maâne
Zineb Abdellaoui Maâne
France
Arabic to French
+ ...
Local termbase Aug 15, 2005

Hello,

I am new here and I have the same problems as Therese.
So how can we create a new termbase?

Thank you all.

Ralf Lemster
Germany
English to German
+ ...
Check the MultiTerm User Guide Aug 15, 2005

Chapters 4 to 6 of the MultiTerm User Guide describe the first steps with MTiX, including the creation of termbases.

Best regards,
Ralf

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Cannot select termbase

Translation news related to SDL Trados

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »