https://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/208133-how_to_open_a_tm_in_sdl_trados_studio_2009.html

How to open a TM in SDL Trados Studio 2009?
Thread poster: Malgoldberg
Malgoldberg
Malgoldberg
United States
Local time: 22:20
Member (2006)
English to Polish
+ ...
Sep 21, 2011

I am new to Trados. I am using SDL Trados Studio 2009. I have just received my first TTX project - a TTX file and TM. I am supposed to open this TM. Unfortunately, I don't know how to do it. Could you hepl me please?

Berenice Font
Berenice Font  Identity Verified
Mexico
Local time: 21:20
Member (2010)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Opening a TM Sep 21, 2011

Hi!
I have been using it for a while now and I am certified in level one. Hopefully I can guide you though this.

I would say first of all you need to have your TM saved in a folder from where Trados will open it.
Then you should go to "translation memories" on your left menu bar. Then on the top you will see "open Translation memories". Click on that and it will ask you to select the location where you had previously saved this TM.
If you can't see it, try chan
... See more
Hi!
I have been using it for a while now and I am certified in level one. Hopefully I can guide you though this.

I would say first of all you need to have your TM saved in a folder from where Trados will open it.
Then you should go to "translation memories" on your left menu bar. Then on the top you will see "open Translation memories". Click on that and it will ask you to select the location where you had previously saved this TM.
If you can't see it, try changing the file extension until you can see it. click on it and it will open.

Hope this helps! good luck!
Collapse

Jerzy Czopik
Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 05:20
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
If the TM has the extension tmw, upgrade it Sep 21, 2011

Use Tools - Upgrade Translation memories.
If the extension is TMX, create a new TM and import the TMX there.
Should the extension be TXT, create a new TM in Trados 2007, import the TXT there and then upgrade the resulting memory.
By SDLTM as extension simply use it in Studio.

Caroline Futter
Caroline Futter
Germany
German to English
studio 2011 Sep 24, 2011

And just for the sake of it, in 2011 you will be able to open .txt and convert them as well.

RWS Community
RWS Community
United Kingdom
Local time: 05:20
English
In 2011... Sep 24, 2011

cwfutter wrote:

And just for the sake of it, in 2011 you will be able to open .txt and convert them as well.

... and in 2009

Regards

Paul

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How to open a TM in SDL Trados Studio 2009?

Translation news related to SDL Trados

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »