Trados tags in Word '07
Thread poster: MSS Cape Town
MSS Cape Town
MSS Cape Town
Local time: 03:18
Sep 23, 2011

I was recently asked to have a look into the workings of Trados 2007, in order to be able to help our freelancers with possible issues that arise.

The other day I found and start working through a tutorial, Trados for Dummies (which was originally in spanish) I got the a point where the guide explains TWB tags and how they work.
Guide states to select the Word 'show/hide' function while Word is connected to Translator Workbench.

For some reason though, the Trados
... See more
I was recently asked to have a look into the workings of Trados 2007, in order to be able to help our freelancers with possible issues that arise.

The other day I found and start working through a tutorial, Trados for Dummies (which was originally in spanish) I got the a point where the guide explains TWB tags and how they work.
Guide states to select the Word 'show/hide' function while Word is connected to Translator Workbench.

For some reason though, the Trados tags as well as the sentences, both before and after translation are shown on the page and I can't seem to get rid of them...

Anyone got a helpful tip?
Collapse

Stanislav Pokorny
Stanislav Pokorny  Identity Verified
Czech Republic
English to Czech
+ ...
In Word 2007 go to Sep 23, 2011

"Office button > Word Options > View" and uncheck the "Hidden text" checkfield.
That should be working.

MSS Cape Town
MSS Cape Town
TOPIC STARTER
Sorted Sep 26, 2011

thanks Stanislav,

nice and simple solution, that worked
would never have thought of that.

Cheers!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados tags in Word '07

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »