Explanation of Studio analysis
Thread poster: TranslationCe
TranslationCe
Local time: 14:26
Italian to English
Sep 23, 2011

I work with Wordfast, but one agency sends me their analysis of the text to be translated using Studio. As I don't use that product, I wondered if someone could help me with a question I have about the TMs used during the analysis. I've noticed that when a translation is required in several languages, next to "Translation Providers", there are several memories, one for each language. Although English is always set for "Language", doesn't that mean that any matches in any of the TMs will show up in the analysis? How would Studio know the difference between the different languages?

Direct link Reply with quote

Stanislav Pokorny  Identity Verified
Czech Republic
Local time: 14:26
English to Czech
+ ...
Analysis explained Sep 23, 2011

Studio projects are always analyzed separately for each langauge. It would make no sense to use e.g. ENG > ITA TM to analyze an ENG > GER project.

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Explanation of Studio analysis

Advanced search

SDL MultiTerm 2017
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2017 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2017 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search