https://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/208333-termbase_hangs_in_studio_2009.html

Termbase hangs in Studio 2009
Thread poster: Caroline Futter
Caroline Futter
Caroline Futter
Germany
German to English
Sep 24, 2011

Hi all,

I have a problem with Studio 2009, if I want to enter a new term into my termbase, it just hangs and won't allow me to enter anything, afterwards it won't work either anymore. I mark the terms, click on add term and nothing happens really. I click on save those terms to continue and get an error message. The error message for me unfortunately is useless: object doesn't suppor
... See more
Hi all,

I have a problem with Studio 2009, if I want to enter a new term into my termbase, it just hangs and won't allow me to enter anything, afterwards it won't work either anymore. I mark the terms, click on add term and nothing happens really. I click on save those terms to continue and get an error message. The error message for me unfortunately is useless: object doesn't support this property or method, url file:///C:/Programme/Gemeinsame%20Dateien/SDL/MultiTerm8/MultiTermMtCommon/Editor/script/connector.js
The termbank in 2007 works fine.

Any thoughts on the matter?
Particularly annoying since I've got a huge file where I could really make use of the termbase.

Many thanks, Gernot
Collapse

Jean-Pierre Artigau (X)
Jean-Pierre Artigau (X)
Canada
Local time: 20:33
English to French
+ ...
Termbase is opened? Sep 24, 2011

Hello Gernot

First of all at least one termbase should be open in your project (in the upper right window on your screen, click the last icon on the right). If you have several open termbases, one of them should be chosen as "default" befor you can add anything in it from Trados 2009.

Also you should avoid "moving" your termbase files from one place to another on your computer.

Hope this helps.

Jean-Pierre

Caroline Futter
Caroline Futter
Germany
German to English
TOPIC STARTER
termbase open Sep 24, 2011

Thanks Jean Pierre,

yes, I hav a default termbase and a few others open. The moving of termbases could cause the problem, as I had to use a different computer. However, I have created a new one in studio 2011 and that causes the same problem although it was created on this computer (and hasn't been moved)

regards Gernot

MartinPorto
MartinPorto  Identity Verified
Portugal
Local time: 01:33
French to English
+ ...
Imput model Sep 25, 2011

Sounds like your trying to enter the terms from within Studio editor, try opening Multiterm and try again to add the terms, if that works OK, you may have the same problem I had, if so, its all to do with imput models, that may have been me mucking about, and creating all sorts of imput models when I was in my "play with it period" in Studio Editor window, try changing the imput model to "no imput model" in the drop down box, on one of my PCs, (I bought the two PC version) I completly eliminated... See more
Sounds like your trying to enter the terms from within Studio editor, try opening Multiterm and try again to add the terms, if that works OK, you may have the same problem I had, if so, its all to do with imput models, that may have been me mucking about, and creating all sorts of imput models when I was in my "play with it period" in Studio Editor window, try changing the imput model to "no imput model" in the drop down box, on one of my PCs, (I bought the two PC version) I completly eliminated all the imput models I had created, and everything works perfectly!

Hope that helps!
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Termbase hangs in Studio 2009

Translation news related to SDL Trados

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »