Thread poster: Maria Grazia Weiner

Maria Grazia Weiner  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 11:49
Member (2013)
English to Italian
+ ...
Sep 24, 2011

I have just purchased SDL Studio 2009 Freelance to substitute my old Trados 6.5. The package includes SDL Studio 2007, Studio 2009 and Multiterm 2009. I installed 2007 tonight prior to installing 2009. No problem. Activation completed successfuly. I only noticed that Passolo did not install (apparently it is part of the package as per installation guide). But, when I clicked on the icon to start the program, I got the system error: Error in SDL Trados Synergy. The application will be closed.
I have tried to disintall and reinstall, but still no joy.
On the other hand I can open and work with all the Trados files in the package (version 8.x) and my old one 6.5 (obviously not all at the same time) and SDL 2007 has been installed in a different directory in Programs
Then, when I tried to install Studio 2009, the system encountered an error and the installation was closed.
I run Windows XP HomeSP3 which is automatically updated.
Has anyone encountered a similar problem after installation? If so, how was it solved. Could not find anything similar in SDL knowledge base. I sent a message to my SDL contact but won't have an answer until after the week-end. So any suggestion would be most welcome.
Thank you
Grazia

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

SDL Studio 2007 doesn't open

Advanced search

PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »
memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search