https://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/20836-33353_end_of_paragraph_not_found.html

33353 End of paragraph not found.
Thread poster: Tess Whitty
Tess Whitty
Tess Whitty
United States
Local time: 09:40
Member (2004)
English to Swedish
May 2, 2004

Hi again,

As you can tell, I am new to trados. I was happily translating along when suddenly an error message appeared, saying 33353 End of paragraph not found. The source and target segments looked like this:

Dear #UserName#,

Thank you for you request.

Bästa/bäste #UserName#,

Tack för din ansökan.

What is wrong and what can I do. I cannot close the segment and go on or anything. Help!

Marcus Malabad
Marcus Malabad  Identity Verified
Canada
German to English
+ ...
Error Number: 33353 May 2, 2004

Maybe this will solve your problem:

http://support.trados.com/view.asp?cntID=311

The Trados support site above would be useful to you I think. Just type in the error code in the search facility.

M

Ralf Lemster
Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 17:40
English to German
+ ...
Manual break? May 2, 2004

Hi Terese,
This error can occur if the segment you're translating is immediately followed by a manual break (page break, section break, etc.). Restore the source segment and manually enter a paragraph end (return) before that break.

HTH, Ralf

NancyLynn
NancyLynn
Canada
Local time: 11:40
Member (2002)
French to English
+ ...

Agree with Ralf May 2, 2004

This happened to me recently where I cam across this at the bottom of every page (an 86-page doc!) just get out of your segment, put a hard return at the end of it, and re-enter. It will find the "end of the paragraph" which is in fact just a hard return.
Nancy

Tess Whitty
Tess Whitty
United States
Local time: 09:40
Member (2004)
English to Swedish
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you so much! May 2, 2004

Thanks a lot for the useful replies and the link to the support page. Super!

Anette Herbert
Anette Herbert  Identity Verified
Local time: 16:40
English to Swedish
+ ...
I have the same problem! Jun 8, 2004

I have tried the Trados support page in this topic, but it does not seem to apply as I can't even open my document in Trados (5.5) and Word 2000.

I get the end of paragraph not found - but I can't see that any is missing?

I had someone checking my document with Track changes - and it has probably ruined it - is there any way out of this or will I have to put in (a lot of )changes manually in a new document?

Anette

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

33353 End of paragraph not found.

Translation news related to SDL Trados

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »