No "Translate with SDLX" option in Windows 7. Why?
Thread poster: Vincent Lemma

Vincent Lemma  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 15:51
Member (2008)
Italian to English
+ ...
Sep 28, 2011

Hi I am translating (or attempting to, anyways) an ITD file with SDLX in SDL 2007.
I open SDLX and set the options in Switchboard so as to see SDLX options displayed in the menus. Then, I go to the folder of my .ITD file and right click, yet there is no "Translate with SDLX" option. I do have the little golden globe in the icon task bar, but this option is not shown. I registered the software as administrator, thus can't figure out the problem.

Therefore, I am not able to start the project and set languages, etc.. I guess I could go to the Project Wizard, but I can find NO explanation on how to deal with an .ITD file in the Project Wizard (looking at the Tutorials provided).

What can I do? I need to edit (translate) my .ITD using a memory and then update the memory and return a translated .ITD to the client.

Thanks for all.
Vincent

Direct link Reply with quote

Natalie  Identity Verified
Poland
Member (2002)
English to Russian
+ ...

Moderator of this forum
Hi Vincent Sep 28, 2011

Maybe I am missing something, but why don't you open SDLX, go to File - Open and point to the location where your file is?

All options can be set up in SDLX.

[Edited at 2011-09-28 17:37 GMT]

Italy
Member (2008)
Italian to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Hi Natalie, I do open SDLAX but Sep 28, 2011

when I launch the app i get the Switchboard and the only options I have are
1) go through Project Wizard and start a new project. In which case it asks me to select a file type, but I have an ITD file

2) open the ITD file with Edit, but I do not see any way to actually select target and source languages

Maybe I am getting something mixed up Quite likely, I am afraid.

Italy
Member (2008)
Italian to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
One moment here.. Sep 28, 2011

opened the ITD with SDLX EDIT option and on the bottom of the screen I say the target and source language pair of interest. Guess all I have to do now is import TM and I'm set to go. Right?

Stefan Keller  Identity Verified
Germany
English to German
Correct Sep 29, 2011

Vincent Lemma wrote:

opened the ITD with SDLX EDIT option and on the bottom of the screen I say the target and source language pair of interest. Guess all I have to do now is import TM and I'm set to go. Right?

If you have an ITD file, then the language pair has been set by the person who created the ITD file.

Why don't you just double-click the ITD file in order to open it? Then, once in SDL Edit, all you need to do is open your TM (right from within SDL Edit) and off you go. No need to open the Switchboard.

Best regards,
Stefan

[Edited at 2011-09-29 00:22 GMT]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

No "Translate with SDLX" option in Windows 7. Why?

Advanced search

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2017 helps translators increase translation productivity whilst ensuring quality. Combining translation memory, terminology management and machine translation in one simple and easy-to-use environment.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search