Tomas Forro  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 00:11
Member (2008)
English to Slovak
+ ...
Sep 29, 2011

Hello,
When I am trying to open one of my tms in Trados Studio 2009 in the Editor mode, the following message is displayed:

An error has occurred whilst using the translation provider xxxxxx: The translation memory data file is corrupt.

In Translation Memories view it shows the following error message:

An error occurred while searching the Translation Memory. The TM may contain invalid translation units.

I found similar post from other user on this forum, but no solution seems to have been found. I was wondering if there is any chance of recovering the tm.

Software version: SDL Trados Studio SP3 9.1.2297.8

Thank you very much for any help in advance.

Direct link Reply with quote

Bogdan Dusa  Identity Verified
Romania
Local time: 01:11
English to Romanian
+ ...
Try recreating the TM Oct 20, 2011

Hi,

I had the same problem and here is how I solved it:

1. Create a new TM by creating it from scratch or by updating the previous Trados 2007 TM.

2. In order to be easier afterwards, locate and copy in a separate folder all the .sdlxliff files corresponding to all your previous translations for your language combination (including the one you're working on). These files are located in the folders of the projects created with Trados Studio, under the xx-XX folder (where xx is your target language). You'll have to access each and every project to locate the corresponding xx-XX .sdlxliff file, but this is the only "hard work" you'll have to do -:)

3. In Trados Studio, go to Translation Memories, select the TM recently created, then in the upper menu select File - Import - Add files (or Add folder if you copy-pasted all those .sdlxliff files in a separate folder), then select All files from the Supported Imported Files drop-down list - Open - Next et voila!

Importing the .sdlxliff files in a TM is the Trados 2009 equivalent for running a cleanup with update TM of ttx files or bilingual word files in Trados 2007.

I hope this will work in your case, too. Good luck!

Bogdan

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Unable to open TM in Trados 2009: "The translation memory data file is corrupt"

Advanced search

WordFinder
The words you want Anywhere, Anytime

WordFinder is the market's fastest and easiest way of finding the right word, term, translation or synonym in one or more dictionaries. In our assortment you can choose among more than 120 dictionaries in 15 languages from leading publishers.

More info »
PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search