Trados 2007 download does not start on Windows 7
Thread poster: Jenny Scott

Jenny Scott  Identity Verified
Local time: 23:22
Member (2011)
Norwegian to English
Sep 29, 2011

I have been having some problems with Trados 2007 Suite Freelance, and decided to uninstall it and reinstall it on my newish laptop, which runs Windows 7.

The download either does not start, or starts and downloads only about 400kB before it hangs.

A couple of months ago, I downloaded and installed it on this machine with no problems whatsoever. My internet speed and connection seem to be OK, and I can download other things from other websites.

I have tried suggestions like download via Firefox instead of Internet Explorer, and have been on SDL's KB, and tried their suggestion of adding their website to the 'trusted sites' in Windows Explorer. There doesn't seem to be a problem with their website, as the download works OK on my other laptop, using the same internet connection.

Does anybody out there have any fixes?

Direct link Reply with quote

SDL Community  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 22:22
English
alternative Sep 29, 2011

Dear Jenny,

I just sent you an alternative download link in your support case.

Best Regards,
Luis

Jenny Scott  Identity Verified
Local time: 23:22
Member (2011)
Norwegian to English
TOPIC STARTER
The problem was my mobile broadband internet connection Oct 4, 2011

Just to close out this post, the SDL Trados support people were extremely helpful on this, but no matter what any of us did, I could not successfully download the program, due to my internet connection which can sometimes be a bit temperamental.

In the end, I used a friend's landline internet connection, and downloaded the program in 10 stress-free minutes!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados 2007 download does not start on Windows 7

Advanced search

LSP.expert
You’re a freelance translator? LSP.expert helps you manage your daily translation jobs. It’s easy, fast and secure.

How about you start tracking translation jobs and sending invoices in minutes? You can also manage your clients and generate reports about your business activities. So you always keep a clear view on your planning, AND you get a free 30 day trial period!

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search