problem with word 2007 documents
Thread poster: Dimitris Papageorgiou
Dimitris Papageorgiou
Dimitris Papageorgiou  Identity Verified
Local time: 03:44
English to Greek
Sep 29, 2011

Whenver i open a word document for reading(NOT FOR TRANSLATION), when i close it, i get the following message in the end:

Do you want to save the changes to TRADOS

Probably, the above makes sense when i translate in word using TRADOS but i cannot explain why

this message appear in instances completely unrelated to translation.

I just open word 2007 documents for reading and nothing else.

Any ideas?

Nora Diaz
Nora Diaz  Identity Verified
Mexico
Local time: 17:44
Member (2002)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Trados Template Sep 29, 2011

This has something to do with your Trados template (tradosX.dotm). Maybe you've seen the same question about normal.dotm from time to time. The template is a Word add-in, and it loads whenever you open Word, so you don't need to actually translate anything for something to potentially happen to the template.

Whenever I see this message I just choose not to save any changes to the template and proceed as normal. I'm sure there's probably a more elegant/permanent solution, but I've tr
... See more
This has something to do with your Trados template (tradosX.dotm). Maybe you've seen the same question about normal.dotm from time to time. The template is a Word add-in, and it loads whenever you open Word, so you don't need to actually translate anything for something to potentially happen to the template.

Whenever I see this message I just choose not to save any changes to the template and proceed as normal. I'm sure there's probably a more elegant/permanent solution, but I've tried replacing the template with a fresh copy and the problem still crops up from time to time, so that doesn't seem to be the perfect answer.
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

problem with word 2007 documents

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »