What to do with so much SDLX format painting?
Thread poster: Vincent Lemma

Vincent Lemma  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 15:26
Member (2008)
Italian to English
+ ...
Sep 30, 2011

Hi,
Recently posted on SDLX but an issue remains: excessive format painting (like 8 colors per segment).
Looking at the other related posts did not help me, unfortunately .
I tried to export to TagEditor, but it is even worse as the segments are filled with format tags and I can't make sense of the source text because it's all "chopped up".
Opening the ttx. in word was of no help either, as all the tags were displayed!

I read that it is not advisable to skip format painting and do it at the end of the translation because it may yield problems.
In truth, the the target document does not have as many format variations as displayed by SDL Editor. I know that this can happen with scanned documents, but mine is not scanned.

So, I am in a loop with 35,000 words and a whole lot of painting going on, thus slowing me down to snail work speeds.
Any help or am I doomed?

Thanks all.
Vincent

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

What to do with so much SDLX format painting?

Advanced search

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search