Is there a quicker way of translating tables?
Thread poster: quincey

quincey  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 05:52
Swedish to English
+ ...
Sep 30, 2011

I am translating a document with over 16,000 repetitions, most of which are contained in a series of tables.

The target segment is sometimes only visible in Reading Layout, the layout then reverts to Normal once I have translated the segment and pressed Set/Close. I have also tried using Web Layout but this also reverts to Normal when I translate to fuzzy, i.e. a 100% match.

Is there any way of speeding up what is otherwise a very time-consuming task?

I'm using Trados SDL 2007 and Word 2003.

Many thanks

Direct link Reply with quote

Boris Kimel  Identity Verified
Russian Federation
Local time: 07:52
English to Russian
+ ...
Perhaps Sep 30, 2011

using TagEditor would be the most recommended solution. However if one needs to stay within Word, removing table row height will make everything visible in any layout (select table, Table > Properties, Row tab...).

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Is there a quicker way of translating tables?

Advanced search

PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »
BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search