How to lock the 100% matches
Thread poster: Robin Song
Robin Song  Identity Verified
Local time: 16:32
English to Chinese
+ ...
Oct 1, 2011

Hi All,

I was provided some ttx files for translation, in which nearly half of the wordcounts are 100% matches. These 100% matches need no review and thus are free of charge. It will be time-consuming to go across each segment for this part, and I want to lock this part so that it can be jumped - Some of my clients really do so, but this client is not able to.

I have a Trados 2006 at hand (most of time I would use Trados 6.5). Could everybody give me a solution on how to lock the 100% matches? Can Trados Perfectmatch do this?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Kind regards
Robin

Direct link Reply with quote

Paula Hernández
United Kingdom
Local time: 08:32
English to Spanish
+ ...
No need Oct 2, 2011

Hi Robin,

I don't know how to lock them, but I don't think it's necessary either.

There is a combination of keys to jump to the next fuzzy or empty segment, cntrl+alt+Z, this way Tageditor won't stop at the 100% segments and you can forget about them.

Hope this helps.

Paula

Robin Song  Identity Verified
Local time: 16:32
English to Chinese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
thank you Oct 3, 2011

Thank you Paula. It really works today! Last time when I used [Ctrl] + [Alt] +[Num+] to translate to fuzzy, it didn't work.

Thanks again.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How to lock the 100% matches

Advanced search

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search