How to apply verification settings in Trados 2009 SP3?
Thread poster: anamaria bulgariu

anamaria bulgariu  Identity Verified
Romania
Local time: 12:26
Member (2007)
English to Romanian
+ ...
Oct 1, 2011

Dear All,

I've tried to select the settings I needed for the verification of a somewhat large project already translated in Trados Studio 2009.

After selecting a few of the settings under Verification - QA Checker 3.0 (Tools-Options menu), such as Punctuation, namely Check for unintentional spaces before, let's say, the ,(comma) character... and ofc clicking OK (there is no Apply button)... I noticed that whenever I try to verify the file, my selection is probably overridden by the default one.

In a nutshell, it doesn't detect said unintentional spaces.

Is there anything else I need to do to implement my selections into the new verification schema?

Any help is appreciated. Thank you.

Direct link Reply with quote

SDL Community  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 11:26
English
Global Settings vs Project Settings Oct 1, 2011

Hi,

Perhaps you are appying the changes in Tools - Options rather than Project - Project Settings,

Once you click on OK any changes you make will be applied, so if you are getting default settings it sounds as though it's because you are not amending the settings specific to your Project.

Regards

Paul

anamaria bulgariu  Identity Verified
Romania
Local time: 12:26
Member (2007)
English to Romanian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Amazing Oct 1, 2011

Thank you, Paul.

These actually look identical.

Project Settings is in fact the one place I didn't look for a solution.

Thanks again.
A

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How to apply verification settings in Trados 2009 SP3?

Advanced search

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search