Thread poster: Eduardo Jesus Verduzco Martinez

Eduardo Jesus Verduzco Martinez  Identity Verified
Mexico
Local time: 06:59
Member (May 2018)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Oct 1, 2011

I created a Multiterm 2009 termbase. It has a .xcd format. SDL Trados 2009 won't accept this format because "it was created with and old version of Multiterm". It accepts only .sdltb and .mdb formats.

I checked and my version is up to date. What can I do?

SDL Community  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 13:59
English
MultiTerm Convert... Oct 1, 2011

Hi,

An xcd file is the settings file resulting from the use of MultiTerm Convert. This is not a MultiTerm Termbase.

If you have not actually converted anything then maybe try again using SDL MultiTerm Desktop. If you deliberately used MultiTerm Convert then you need to take the files and use these to create your Termbase in MultiTerm Desktop.

Sorry if I have misunderstood you, but perhaps the video here will help you, prepared by Nora Diaz and very easy to follow:

http://noradiaz.blogspot.com/2011/08/importing-excel-glossaries-into_03.html

Regards

Paul

Eduardo Jesus Verduzco Martinez  Identity Verified
Mexico
Local time: 06:59
Member (May 2018)
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
slddb termbases Oct 1, 2011

Thank you very much. Now I have it.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Multiterm 2009 termbases

Advanced search

SDL MultiTerm 2019
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2019 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2019 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »
BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search