Multiterm 2009 termbases
Thread poster: verduzco
verduzco  Identity Verified
Mexico
Local time: 15:45
English to Spanish
+ ...
Oct 1, 2011

I created a Multiterm 2009 termbase. It has a .xcd format. SDL Trados 2009 won't accept this format because "it was created with and old version of Multiterm". It accepts only .sdltb and .mdb formats.

I checked and my version is up to date. What can I do?

Direct link Reply with quote

SDL Community  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 22:45
English
MultiTerm Convert... Oct 1, 2011

Hi,

An xcd file is the settings file resulting from the use of MultiTerm Convert. This is not a MultiTerm Termbase.

If you have not actually converted anything then maybe try again using SDL MultiTerm Desktop. If you deliberately used MultiTerm Convert then you need to take the files and use these to create your Termbase in MultiTerm Desktop.

Sorry if I have misunderstood you, but perhaps the video here will help you, prepared by Nora Diaz and very easy to follow:

http://noradiaz.blogspot.com/2011/08/importing-excel-glossaries-into_03.html

Regards

Paul

verduzco  Identity Verified
Mexico
Local time: 15:45
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
slddb termbases Oct 1, 2011

Thank you very much. Now I have it.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Multiterm 2009 termbases

Advanced search

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search