No options for Word/Powerpoint 2007-2010 when adding files to a Project in Trados 2011
Thread poster: Rob Edwards

Rob Edwards  Identity Verified
Local time: 11:23
German to English
Oct 3, 2011

Hi,

I have upgraded to Trados 2011 and everything seems to be working ok by and large, BUT I have just set up a project for translating a DOCX file. I thought it a little strange when the file was loaded as for reference, so tried to add the file again. It is then that I noticed that in the Open file dialogue box that opens, there is no option to add Word 2007-2010 or Powerpoint 2007-2010 files (I can supply a screen shot of the options that I have)...

Is there a fix available for this, as I often have to translate files that have been created in the latest version of Word?

[Edited at 2011-10-03 09:30 GMT]

Direct link Reply with quote

Myron Netchypor  Identity Verified
Ukraine
Local time: 13:23
Member (2003)
English to Ukrainian
+ ...

Moderator of this forum
SDLTrados Studio 2011 Oct 3, 2011

Hi Rob, I checked my SDLTrados Studio 2011, and I can see both Word 2007-2010 and Powerpoint 2007-2010 options. And I successfully added both docx, and pptx files to the project. Did you try to reload the SDLTrados Studio 2011?

German to English
TOPIC STARTER
Still no options for Word/Powerpoint Oct 3, 2011

Hi Myron,

Thanks for your suggestion. I have restarted Trados and still seem to be missing the options for Word/Powerpoint 2007-2010. I am running Windows 7 64 bit, so I am wondering if this may be a compatibility issue for Trados on that platform...

Emma Goldsmith  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 12:23
Member (2010)
Spanish to English
project template Oct 3, 2011

Just wondering, when you created the new project, did you use the SDL Trados template or one from another project (maybe a 2009 one)?

The system used to apply file types has changed in 2011 and so you definitely need to use the new SDL Trados project template, and not an old one or an old profile.

By the way, Windows 7 64 bit is not the problem. Studio 2011 works fine on it.

German to English
TOPIC STARTER
Problem solved Oct 3, 2011

I have now fixed this problem. For some reason, when I upgraded the project templates for this project, the options for some file types were not carried over. By editing the setup for the project template, I was able to include Word and Powerpoint and thereby allow editing of these file types...

German to English
TOPIC STARTER
Problem solved Oct 3, 2011

Emma Goldsmith wrote:

Just wondering, when you created the new project, did you use the SDL Trados template or one from another project (maybe a 2009 one)?

The system used to apply file types has changed in 2011 and so you definitely need to use the new SDL Trados project template, and not an old one or an old profile.

By the way, Windows 7 64 bit is not the problem. Studio 2011 works fine on it.

Many thanks Emma. Your thinking is spot on. See my previous comment...

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

No options for Word/Powerpoint 2007-2010 when adding files to a Project in Trados 2011

Advanced search

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search