Thread poster: cmbridges
cmbridges  Identity Verified
Portugal
Local time: 01:47
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Oct 3, 2011

Hello ProZ community!

Can anyone tell me the differences between SDLX and SDL Trados.
I was asked to handle ITD files from SDLX. So, I would like to know if these files are compatible with SDL Trados Studio 2009 which is the program I have or SDLX is a different program?
I would be very pleased if anyone could clearing up this.

Direct link Reply with quote

Soonthon LUPKITARO(Ph.D.)  Identity Verified
Thailand
Local time: 08:47
Member (2004)
English to Thai
+ ...
ITD file Oct 3, 2011

I was asked to handle ITD files from SDLX.

: So, I would like to know if these files are compatible with SDL Trados Studio 2009 which is the program I have or SDLX is a different program?
SDLX is a subset of SDL Trados 2007.

SDL Trados Studio 2009 can open ITD file, translate and save as ITD. Use SDLX in Trados 2007 to convert to target file if you need it. Read more on Proz search on how to use SDLX with ITD file.

Soonthon Lupkitaro

Frankie JB
France
English to French
+ ...
SDLX/Trados Studio Oct 3, 2011

SDLX is a different application - a freestanding translation interface - that was part of old SDL suites, along with Workbench, Tageditor, etc.

One of the best advantages Trados Studio offers over the former SDL products, actually, is that it can handle various formats in one sole place (while former SDL 'suites' were made up of several different software, each handling only a few formats) and so, yes, as Soonthon says, SDL Trados Studios can handle .itd files.

Problems with Trados 2007 files Oct 3, 2011

Hi,

I have been working on a trial version of 2007 Trados SDL, the thing is that did my work and save it as usual, sent it to my customer and see! my files were not all translated! what do I do ? how can I make sure my translations are saved after files are duly translated ? Need urgent help...

many thanks,

João

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Differences between SDLX and SDL Trados

Advanced search

SDL MultiTerm 2017
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2017 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2017 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search