Thread poster: Elmar Bierbaum

Elmar Bierbaum  Identity Verified
Peru
Local time: 01:36
French to German
+ ...
Oct 3, 2011

Hello,

I managed to migrate my Multiterm 7 data base from my old PC to Multiterm 2009 on my new PC using the package option in M. 7.

Everything worked fine the other day. Multiterm let me do anything I wanted. Today, after not having used the PC for the week-end, M. 2009 crashes when I try to add a new term by pressing F3 or choosing the option in the menu.

By the way, trying to add a new term directly from Word or TagEditor does not work either. Although I don't mind this, it may be caused by the same problem?

On the other hand, this was not possible the other day either, while adding a term directly in M. 2009 was still possible.

Thanks for any answers, greetings from sunny Lima

Elmar

Direct link Reply with quote

SDL Community  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 07:36
English
Not sure but... Oct 3, 2011

Hi Elmar,

A quick check through the solution finder at http://kb.sdl.com suggested this:

Close Studio and MultiTerm, then browse to the relevant MultiTerm directory:

Windows XP: C:\Documents and Settings\[USERNAME]\Application Data\SDL\SDL MultiTerm\[VERSIONNUMBER]

Windows Vista/7: C:\Users\[USERNAME]\AppData\Roaming\SDL\SDL MultiTerm\[VERSIONNUMBER]

Here you will find the following 3 files:

BaseSettings.xml
plugincache.xml
UserSettings.xml

Delete all 3 files and restart Studio. Perhaps this will help?

Regards

Paul

Joop Fraikin  Identity Verified
Local time: 07:36
Member (2002)
English to Dutch
+ ...
There's another way to do this... Oct 4, 2011

Elmar Bierbaum wrote:

Hello,

I managed to migrate my Multiterm 7 data base from my old PC to Multiterm 2009 on my new PC using the package option in M. 7.

Everything worked fine the other day. Multiterm let me do anything I wanted. Today, after not having used the PC for the week-end, M. 2009 crashes when I try to add a new term by pressing F3 or choosing the option in the menu.

By the way, trying to add a new term directly from Word or TagEditor does not work either. Although I don't mind this, it may be caused by the same problem?

On the other hand, this was not possible the other day either, while adding a term directly in M. 2009 was still possible.

Thanks for any answers, greetings from sunny Lima

Elmar

Hi Elmar,

I had the same problem and although I posted it on the forum, nobody seemed to have a solution. The solution I found myself works in the Trados Studio 2009 Editor view. Select (double click) the term in the left hand column, select the term in the right hand column, right click, add to terminology base. Works every time!

Elmar Bierbaum  Identity Verified
Peru
Local time: 01:36
French to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you Oct 5, 2011

Thank you for the answers,

Unfortunately, neither suggestion solved my problem, BUT I noticed this: if I open Multiterm at first before any other program, it works fine.

Regards

Elmar

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Multiterm 2009 crashes when I try to add a new term

Advanced search

SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2017 helps translators increase translation productivity whilst ensuring quality. Combining translation memory, terminology management and machine translation in one simple and easy-to-use environment.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search