Thread poster: Adam Łobatiuk
Adam Łobatiuk  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 11:29
Member (2009)
English to Polish
+ ...
Oct 3, 2011

I have upgraded from Studio 2009 to 2011 (and kept 2009 on my computer). Now, my list of licensed products includes Studio 2011, Passolo 2011 Essential and older products, but not Studio 2009. When trying to download Open Exchange apps while logged on to my account, I am informed that "You are not licensed for any SDL products that link with this application." Is anyone else having the same problem?

Direct link Reply with quote

SDL Community  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
English
Explanation Oct 3, 2011

Hi Adam,

First on the upgrade. If you upgrade you are replacing 2009, not purchasing an additional piece of software to run alongside it. If you want to keep both versions running permanently then you would need to purchase additional licenses for 2011 instead of upgrading.

So you get a new license for 2011 but we don’t force you to return 2009. This means it will run for as long as it remains activated on your PC. But as the upgrade replaces the licence rather than adding a new one you will obviously lose it if you do return the licence, or have to rebuild or change your PC.

On the OpenExchange apps. Not all of the applications developed so far will run with 2011 installed because of changes in the API, so we have provided some of the most downloaded applications as part of the Studio 2011 installation (you will see them in your programmes folder) and the rest will become available as they are upgraded by the respective developers.

Which ones were you looking for?

Regards

Paul

Poland
Member (2009)
English to Polish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Hi Paul Oct 3, 2011

Thanks a lot for your explanation. I have actually had the upgrade process explained before by your colleague here, but the topic of OE apps didn't come up.

I was going to install the goAnalyze app. I thought having got 2011 was a good time to switch for some of my projects, and the app would be useful for what it promises to do.

I have read and tried to follow your blog post about creating a project specifically to run analyses, but I'm afraid it wasn't the best idea for me. To create a project, you have to add at least a single file. Of course it could be a dummy one, but then if I wanted to follow that procedure for all my clients and their possible recurring projects, it would be rather messy.

United Kingdom
English
GoAnalyse Oct 3, 2011

Hi Adam,

I hope this will be available shortly so you shouldn't have to wait for long. On the using Studio part... if you are not interested in specific settings (you won't get this with GoAnalyse anyway) then maybe just create one Project for everything. However, GoAnalyse is great because it can do a 2007 or a 2009 analysis.

Regards

Paul

Poland
Member (2009)
English to Polish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
@Paul Oct 3, 2011

Thanks a lot, Paul. I am actually interested in specific settings for various projects. The problem with the project-based analysis is that it would require creating a number of various projects with some dummy files, which in turn would create redundant folder structures. I really wish there was an option in the TM view to just run a quick analysis, like with TWB.

United Kingdom
English
Another App.. Oct 3, 2011

Hi Adam,

I have seen another application being developed by someone that does make this easier... not sure when it will become available yet though.

Regards

Paul

Poland
Member (2009)
English to Polish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
@ Paul Oct 3, 2011

That's great! I'm looking forward to that, Paul. Thank you very much.

United Kingdom
English
OpenExchange Apps available Oct 4, 2011

Hi Adam,

Just a quick note to let you know that you should see the 2009 apps again so you can download and install GoAnalyse.

Regards

Paul

Poland
Member (2009)
English to Polish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Works now! Oct 4, 2011

It does work now. Thank you very much, Paul!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Can't download OpenExchange Apps since upgrading to Studio 2011

Advanced search

SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2017 helps translators increase translation productivity whilst ensuring quality. Combining translation memory, terminology management and machine translation in one simple and easy-to-use environment.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search