Putting in Bold font in SDLX after format painting has been ignored.
Thread poster: Vincent Lemma

Vincent Lemma  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 01:00
Member (2008)
Italian to English
+ ...
Oct 4, 2011

Hi,
I posted a few days back on format painting and have received great info.
Anyways, I am working on a 50,000 word document in SDLX (2007) and format painting is an issue.

The fact is that SDLX shows so many color of different formats per segment, when in truth the only things that ever change in the entire document are some words.

These terms continue to repeat themselves over and over again, and are ALL in bold (ex. user, grid,...etc...).

Now I have ignored format painting as instructed to do so by the client, but now - 33,000 words later - I am told that I need to format the text !!!!

So the question: Can I insert these handful of words in bold font throughout the entire text, and ignore all other formatting indications by SDLX (which do not exist in the actual source document)? If so, how do I do that?

Thanks and I owe a night's sleep to anyone who can get me out of this painting rut.
Cheers,

Vincent

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Putting in Bold font in SDLX after format painting has been ignored.

Advanced search

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search