MultiTerm Widget causing problems
Thread poster: Will Kelly
Will Kelly
United Kingdom
Dutch to English
Oct 4, 2011

Hi all,

I purchased Trados Studio 2009 last week and installed everything provided. I then had problems shutting down my computer and subsequently problems starting it up. It also ran very slowly. After several days in the computer repair shop it emerges that the MultiTerm Widget was affecting the hard drive controller in Windows. Has anyone experienced anything similar? I would have thought software as expensive as that issued by SDL would be a bit... erm... better.

Direct link Reply with quote

Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 00:57
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
Remove SDL Trados 2007 from Autostart Oct 4, 2011

and do the same with MultiTerm Widget if you do not need it.
This will prevent the computer from starting a quick-start item for Synergy you really do not need when working with Studio and in case of Widget also reveal the problem of a corupt XML settings file, which happen from time to time.

SDL Community  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 00:57
English
reply Oct 5, 2011

Dear Will,

I'm sorry for the inconvenience. We have a KB Article with a little tool to resolve the issue: http://kb.sdl.com/article.aspx?article=3590&p=1

Best Regards,
Luis

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

MultiTerm Widget causing problems

Advanced search

LSP.expert
You’re a freelance translator? LSP.expert helps you manage your daily translation jobs. It’s easy, fast and secure.

How about you start tracking translation jobs and sending invoices in minutes? You can also manage your clients and generate reports about your business activities. So you always keep a clear view on your planning, AND you get a free 30 day trial period!

More info »
Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search