Thread poster: dianash
dianash  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 18:30
French to English
+ ...
Oct 5, 2011

Hi,
I'm translating a long document in TagEditor using a translation memory that is very complete. I'm using SDL Trados 2007. The problem is that when it inserts the matching text, it's often in bold whereas the source text and the previously translated text is (or appears to be) in normal font. I end up retyping the translation to get the right font, but isn't there a better way?

I looked on these forums and saw "format painting" but I don't see any option for that in TagEditor (if that's what it's for). It will save me tons of time if I can just highlight the text and hit a "copy source formatting" key or something like that.

Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

Diana

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Formatting in TagEditor different from TM text

Advanced search

memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »
Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search