SDL Studio 2011 does not indicate difference between source segment and fuzzy match
Thread poster: Lutz Molderings

Lutz Molderings  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 17:39
Member (2007)
German to English
+ ...
Oct 5, 2011

When a fuzzy match is found in SDL Studio 2011, the difference between the source segment and fuzzy match is not indicated, in other words, I must compare the two segments manually to see where they differ.

The same problem used to occur in the 2009 version, but only if Google Translate was activated and listed as the FIRST translation memory. By simply moving Google Translate right to the bottom of the TMs one was using, the problem could be resolved.

In Studio 2011 this workaround does not work. If any of the available MT translation memories is activated, fuzzy matches are not displayed correctly.

Hope somebody has a solution to this problem.

[Edited at 2011-10-05 02:10 GMT]

Direct link Reply with quote

Germany
Member (2007)
German to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
the other way around Oct 5, 2011

Ok, I've found the solution myself.
In the 2011 version any MT plugin selected must be listed as the FIRST TM rather than the last as in the 2009 version.
I wonder why...

Marina Steinbach  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 11:39
English to German
+ ...
Just for my records... Oct 5, 2011

Lutz Molderings wrote:

The same problem used to occur in the 2009 version, but only if Google Translate was activated and listed as the FIRST translation memory. By simply moving Google Translate right to the bottom of the TMs one was using, the problem could be resolved.

You're really using Google Translate as a TM? Why?

Germany
Member (2007)
German to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
terminology Oct 5, 2011

Marina Steinbach wrote:

You're really using Google Translate as a TM? Why?

Mainly for terminology reasons.
It simply speeds up the process of finding and verifying unknown terminology.

SDL Community  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
English
known issue Oct 5, 2011

Hi all,

Unfortunately this is a known issue with 2011: http://kb.sdl.com/article.aspx?article=3938&p=1

We will fix this soon, in the meantime you can use the workaround.

Best Regards,
Luis

tradutoto
United Kingdom
Local time: 16:39
English to Italian
This works! Jan 29, 2013

I just thought I'd add my two cents to this thread by confirming that I've had the same problem for a while now (differences between source segment and matches in TM not showing), no matter what settings I had for the Translation Results Windows, and moving SDL BeGlobal to the BOTTOM of my list of TMs makes the 'track changes' in the Results Windows reappear by magic!
Anyone else tried this?

Piero

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

SDL Studio 2011 does not indicate difference between source segment and fuzzy match

Advanced search

PDF Translation - the Easy Way
TransPDF converts your PDFs to XLIFF ready for professional translation.

TransPDF converts your PDFs to XLIFF ready for professional translation. It also puts your translations back into the PDF to make new PDFs. Quicker and more accurate than hand-editing PDF. Includes free use of Infix PDF Editor with your translated PDFs.

More info »
WordFinder
The words you want Anywhere, Anytime

WordFinder is the market's fastest and easiest way of finding the right word, term, translation or synonym in one or more dictionaries. In our assortment you can choose among more than 120 dictionaries in 15 languages from leading publishers.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search