Thread poster: Heinrich Pesch

Heinrich Pesch  Identity Verified
Finland
Local time: 16:10
Member (2003)
Finnish to German
+ ...
Oct 5, 2011

If I need to use a language combination that is not supported in my present installation of SDL Trados 2007 FL, do I have to re-install the whole package or only Trados? Do I have to remove the software prior to re-installation?
Thanks for advice!

Direct link Reply with quote

Soonthon LUPKITARO(Ph.D.)  Identity Verified
Thailand
Local time: 20:10
Member (2004)
English to Thai
+ ...
SDLX 2007 Oct 5, 2011

SDLX 2007 has no limit of language combination. You need to reinstall only Trados 2007 and activate the license again for the existing SDLX package.

I usually cheat Trados for language combination e.g. new Canadian English > Japanese: use my existing US English > Japanese; new Chinese > English: use existing Japanese > English.
If you know algorithms of the programs, existing language pairs are tolerable for unknown languages as well.

Soonthon Lupkitaro

Marinus Vesseur  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 06:10
English to Dutch
+ ...
There is a work-around.. Oct 5, 2011

..that is described here: http://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/148435-how_to_change_default_5_languages.html

Regrettably the search function on the ProZ site is pretty much useless, but via a Google search you can find what you need.

Good luck.

Aliona Khaustova
Spain
Local time: 15:10
Russian to Spanish
+ ...
Change language, SDL Trados support Oct 5, 2011

I know that in SDL Trados 2007 you have the possibility to install 5 language-pairs at the same time. And you can change them if you reinstall the programm (as our collegue above indicated it earlier). I also know people who have 5 language pairs in one computer and 5 more in a laptop. Hope it's help you.

Finland
Member (2003)
Finnish to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Regeditor Oct 5, 2011

Thanks for the hint, Marius.
I read the thread but because I never ever have changed anything in the registry, I could not find even regeditor. I have Windows 7 Pro 64 bit.

Bernard Lieber  Identity Verified
Local time: 15:10
English to French
+ ...
Regedit Oct 5, 2011

Open Control Panel > Taskbar & Startup Menu > Startup Menu Tab > Customize Check the Run Command check box > Run will then be displayed under Startup type Regedit - Good luck

Finland
Member (2003)
Finnish to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks a lot Oct 5, 2011

Good to know for the future.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Change of languages

Advanced search

SDL Trados Studio 2017 only €495 / $595
Get the cheapest prices for SDL Trados Studio 2017 on ProZ.com

Join this translator’s group buy brought to you by ProZ.com and buy SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance for only €495 / $595 / £425 / ¥70,000 You will also receive FREE access to Studio 2019 when released.

More info »
Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search