Thread poster: Heinrich Pesch

Heinrich Pesch  Identity Verified
Finland
Local time: 07:20
Member (2003)
Finnish to German
+ ...
Oct 5, 2011

If I need to use a language combination that is not supported in my present installation of SDL Trados 2007 FL, do I have to re-install the whole package or only Trados? Do I have to remove the software prior to re-installation?
Thanks for advice!

Direct link Reply with quote

Soonthon LUPKITARO(Ph.D.)  Identity Verified
Thailand
Local time: 12:20
Member (2004)
English to Thai
+ ...
SDLX 2007 Oct 5, 2011

SDLX 2007 has no limit of language combination. You need to reinstall only Trados 2007 and activate the license again for the existing SDLX package.

I usually cheat Trados for language combination e.g. new Canadian English > Japanese: use my existing US English > Japanese; new Chinese > English: use existing Japanese > English.
If you know algorithms of the programs, existing language pairs are tolerable for unknown languages as well.

Soonthon Lupkitaro

Marinus Vesseur  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 21:20
English to Dutch
+ ...
There is a work-around.. Oct 5, 2011

..that is described here: http://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/148435-how_to_change_default_5_languages.html

Regrettably the search function on the ProZ site is pretty much useless, but via a Google search you can find what you need.

Good luck.

Aliona Khaustova
Spain
Local time: 06:20
Russian to Spanish
+ ...
Change language, SDL Trados support Oct 5, 2011

I know that in SDL Trados 2007 you have the possibility to install 5 language-pairs at the same time. And you can change them if you reinstall the programm (as our collegue above indicated it earlier). I also know people who have 5 language pairs in one computer and 5 more in a laptop. Hope it's help you.

Finland
Member (2003)
Finnish to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Regeditor Oct 5, 2011

Thanks for the hint, Marius.
I read the thread but because I never ever have changed anything in the registry, I could not find even regeditor. I have Windows 7 Pro 64 bit.

Bernard Lieber  Identity Verified
Local time: 06:20
English to French
+ ...
Regedit Oct 5, 2011

Open Control Panel > Taskbar & Startup Menu > Startup Menu Tab > Customize Check the Run Command check box > Run will then be displayed under Startup type Regedit - Good luck

Finland
Member (2003)
Finnish to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks a lot Oct 5, 2011

Good to know for the future.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Change of languages

Advanced search

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »
PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search