you should have a valid license to run SDL Trados Studio 2009
Thread poster: marekmust
Oct 5, 2011

Hello.

I have installed license server one my server and I have floating license 2. I was trying to install one Windows xp (sp3) machine (totally blank) it only has windows and its updates + the downloads, what Trados has downloaded (VMware system). And now I am getting an error: you should have a valid license to run SDL Trados Studio 2009.

I had a similar error one at other windows xp system also running sp3.
Strange thing is that it works very well at my owne windows 7 system. I had no problems running it.

Hope you can help me:)

Best Regards,
Marek

Direct link Reply with quote

SDL Community  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 15:20
English
Help Oct 5, 2011

Dear Marek,

Go to the Knowledgebase;

http://kb.sdl.com

Then go to the tab called Solution Finder and now go here;

Licensing Problems
- I am using SDL Trados (Studio, Translator's Workbench, SDLX, MultiTerm, SDL Passolo Essential, ...).
- Floating license

At this point you are presented with a KB article link that you sould try as it may allow you to help yourself. If it doesn't then read the following instructions.

If this all doesn't help, after the last option it will bring up a form that you can fill in to generate a support request and you will be contacted, normally within a day.

I hope this helps.

Best Regards,
Luis

marekmust
TOPIC STARTER
after the ticket Oct 7, 2011

Not sure how long does it take normaly to take contact with person.. Would be awesome, because at this moment only 1 person can use the software...

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

you should have a valid license to run SDL Trados Studio 2009

Advanced search

LSP.expert
You’re a freelance translator? LSP.expert helps you manage your daily translation jobs. It’s easy, fast and secure.

How about you start tracking translation jobs and sending invoices in minutes? You can also manage your clients and generate reports about your business activities. So you always keep a clear view on your planning, AND you get a free 30 day trial period!

More info »
SDL MultiTerm 2017
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2017 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2017 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search