Cannot add terms to Multiterm after installing Studio 2011
Thread poster: Iwona Mróz

Iwona Mróz
Poland
Local time: 21:19
German to Polish
Oct 5, 2011

Hello,

After having installed Trados Studio 2011 (on a Windows 7 64-bit system) I cannot add terms to Multiterm anymore, neither from the Editor nor in Multiterm alone and not only in Studio 2011 but also in Studio 2009 (although it worked fine before).

When I try to do that I get the massage:

„Do you want to open the file or save it?” The file name is „1wi1twdw.fea.html”.

If I save it nothing happens. If I open it, my browser opens and I see a page with the text:

„Typ [I], [T], oder [D] , um ein Index-, Terminus- oder Definitionsfeld hinzuzufügen.”
And a massage „No such method „getEntry” on JavaScript object”.

My Java is up to date and I tried to disable the next generation Java Plug-in in controll panel but it did not help.

Has anyone had the same problem and found a solution? I will appreciate any advice.

Regards,
Iwona

Direct link Reply with quote

SDL Community  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
English
Maybe a browser issue? Oct 6, 2011

Hi,

I noticed this same issue posted earlier for two other users, and we are trying to troubleshoot this at the moment. The fact a browser opens suggest that there is a problem with file association because we use Internet Explorer inside the application when you call this function... so if it opens a browser window it seems as though the Internet Explorer link is broken somehow.

The other users have Firefox, which browser are you using? I also use Firefox as do most of our Support Teams so it isn't as straightforward as this but it might be useful to know which browser you are using?

We will post a resolution to this problem as soon as we determine what's causing it.

Apologies for the inconvenience.

Regards

Paul

SDL Community  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
English
Solution Oct 7, 2011

Hi Iwona,

I have updated Marcin's thread, so please read the following thread for further information:

http://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/209179-add_new_term_problem_in_sdl_trados_studio_multiterm_2009.html

Kind regards,

Felix Wagner
SDL Support

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Cannot add terms to Multiterm after installing Studio 2011

Advanced search

Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search