SDL files problems - can someone help me ?
Thread poster: Telles
Oct 5, 2011

I have worked on some pre-translated files (English-Portuguese), saved my files and sent them back to customer as requested - to my surprise this customer is informing my files remain in English and are not translated at all!

Please help me! what should I have made to save my work before sending them ? Does it really happen ? or is this but an excuse for not paying me ?

Thanks a lot,

João

Direct link Reply with quote

Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 07:07
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
Welcome to ProZ! Oct 5, 2011

Unfortunately I also do have a problem.
Your information is so vague, that I have no clue what you've done.
So please be more precise in your information:
What kind of files are these? Please provide the full file extension. What software did you use (version, precise name) and so on.

FarkasAndras
Local time: 07:07
English to Hungarian
+ ...
Send again Oct 6, 2011

The most likely explanation is that you accidentally sent back the original source files instead of the translated ones. Or the client was looking at the wrong files. Or you didn't save your translations - Studio doesn't autosave the sdlxliff files, so if you don't save and then click away the "Save-Don't save-Cancel" dialog when closing the file, your translation goes out the window.

Whichever of these scenarios happened here, what you have to do is find your translated files, open them in Studio, make sure the translations are there, and send them to the client again.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

SDL files problems - can someone help me ?

Advanced search

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search