Studio 2011 only converts part of text back to Word file
Thread poster: Barbara Rhoton

Barbara Rhoton  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 23:35
English to German
+ ...
Oct 5, 2011

I have a particularly troublesome problem, this happened three times so far and I do not know why.
I am running Win 7 64 bit, Word 2003, and Trados Studio 2011. In three Word files, the translation went well in Studio and no error message when I converted the file back to Word. However, when I opened the Word file, only the first part showed the translated text, the rest was still in the source language although all segments were translated in Studio. I went through the whole translate-convert-back-to-Word-cycle again, and again the same problem. Only after converting the original file to TagEditor first and then using TagEditor to clean the file, did I get all of my text in the Word file. I thought at first that this may have been due to a problem with the particular Word file, but this has now happened 3 times with 3 different Word files from 3 different customers. Anybody have any idea what the problem could be?

Barb

I just noticed that someone may have the same or a similar problem with translating to Portuguese ...

[Edited at 2011-10-05 15:39 GMT]


 

Maria Antonietta Ricagno  Identity Verified
Local time: 08:35
Member
English to Italian
+ ...
Preview? Oct 5, 2011

Hi Barb

have you tried to get a preview of the translated file? If you get the whole document translated there you may copy and paste it into a new empty doc file.
I made so once or twice when Studio didn't convert the whole translation.

Hope it helps

Anto


 

Barbara Rhoton  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 23:35
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Preview Oct 5, 2011

The preview has the same problem, the first part of the text of the finished file is translated, the rest is noticon_frown.gif

 

Bernard Lieber  Identity Verified
Local time: 08:35
English to French
+ ...
Corrupt File Oct 5, 2011

Are you sure that your file is a genuine MS-Word file? May have been converted from a pdf. Try Save As with your original file and recreate a project with the new file, should translate almost 100% with your initial TM, except for a couple of segments here and there.

Good luck,

Another trick is to export the TM as tmx if you use other TM's and see if you get the same issue.


Bernard

[Edited at 2011-10-05 20:59 GMT]

[Edited at 2011-10-05 21:03 GMT]


 


To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:


You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Studio 2011 only converts part of text back to Word file

Advanced search







Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »
BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »



Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search