Have "fuzzy matches" improved in SDL Studio 2011?
Thread poster: Marinus Vesseur

Marinus Vesseur  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 06:26
English to Dutch
+ ...
Oct 5, 2011

The question in my translators' minds currently must be whether to upgrade to Studio 2011 or not. If Studio 2009 works somewhat reliably on your system there may not be terribly many reasons to pay 200 dollars for what seems to be a minor upgrade.
But then, is it minor? One major issue I have with Studio 2009 is the quality of the "fuzzy matches", or rather the lack of it. Anything below, say, 75% is practically useless to me, worse than it used to be in Trados. Has this issue been tackled?

Would anyone who has Studio 2011 like to try this out? Just make a document with short lines that have 50, 66 or 75% similarity by word count and see if Studio recognizes the fuzzy matches as such.

Would appreciate reply.

- Marinus

Direct link Reply with quote

Andrei Vybornov  Identity Verified
Russian Federation
Local time: 18:26
Member (2008)
English to Russian
+ ...
I wouldn't expect that from Studio 2011 Oct 10, 2011

If I understand it right, this would require rewriting their Revlex engine which I doubt that they did. You can try it yourself. The Studio 2011 trial version is already available and it can be installed alongside with Studio 2009. You would need to read the installation instruction first: although Studio 2011 and 2009 use the same formats for translatable files and TMs, the old projects will be converted by Studio 2011 and you will not be able to open them later with Studio 2011.

Best regards,
Andrei

[Edited at 2011-10-10 19:49 GMT]

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Have "fuzzy matches" improved in SDL Studio 2011?

Advanced search

WordFinder
The words you want Anywhere, Anytime

WordFinder is the market's fastest and easiest way of finding the right word, term, translation or synonym in one or more dictionaries. In our assortment you can choose among more than 120 dictionaries in 15 languages from leading publishers.

More info »
SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2017 helps translators increase translation productivity whilst ensuring quality. Combining translation memory, terminology management and machine translation in one simple and easy-to-use environment.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search