SDL MultiTerm 2009 Desktop updating to SP2
Thread poster: TAKAKO CN6YR

TAKAKO CN6YR
Japan
Local time: 09:56
Russian to Japanese
+ ...
Oct 6, 2011

I have installed SDL Trados 2007 Suite Freelance, SDL Trados Studio 2009, and SDL MultiTerm 2009 Desktop as I purchased Trados 2009. I hadn't had any CAT tools, including SDL Trados Studio 2007, before that. I use Windows Vista Home SP1.

I could update Studio 2009 to SP3, but I can't update MultiTerm 2009 to SP2 or later.
When I try to do so, the program shows the message, "It has detected MultiTerm 2007. It is recommended that you uninstall MultiTerm 2007." and the status bar for "searching previous versions.....". Every time I try, this status bar gets stuck and won't go forward.

I have never installed MultiTerm 2007 before. I searched MultiTerm 2007 in my PC, but could't find it. Do I have to uninstall Trados 2007 Suite Freelance, which was provided with Studio 2009, in order to update to SP2?

Direct link Reply with quote

traiston  Identity Verified
Australia
Local time: 11:56
Member (2008)
English to Chinese
+ ...
what about re-install system Oct 6, 2011

when such problem happens to me. i alway re-install the PC system (Windows 7 professional).

TAKAKO CN6YR
Japan
Russian to Japanese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
It seems that Oct 6, 2011

I have updated to SP4, anyway.
Thank you!

TAKAKO CN6YR
Japan
Russian to Japanese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
After several problems..., Oct 9, 2011

I have uninstalled and reinstalled MultiTerm 2009 SP1 and manually updated to SP3 as following: http://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/191885-error_message_when_adding_termbase.html
Just FYI.

TAKAKO CN6YR
Japan
Russian to Japanese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
And Oct 9, 2011

to the latest SP4 (also manually).

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

SDL MultiTerm 2009 Desktop updating to SP2

Advanced search

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
WordFinder
The words you want Anywhere, Anytime

WordFinder is the market's fastest and easiest way of finding the right word, term, translation or synonym in one or more dictionaries. In our assortment you can choose among more than 120 dictionaries in 15 languages from leading publishers.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search