QA Checker not working in Trados 2011
Thread poster: prmueller

prmueller  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 00:11
Member (2008)
English to German
Oct 6, 2011

I have set the QA Checker 3.0 to warn about different punctuation (Options -> QA Checker 3.0 --> Punctuation) and saved my settings. Yet, in the Editor no warnings are displayed. I also tried initiating the check manually, but to no avail.

Seems like a bug to me (and a bad one, that is). Any hints?

Direct link Reply with quote

Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
Set wihtin the project or in general settings? Oct 6, 2011

There is no bug AFAIK - QA works more than properly in Studio 2011.
However, you need to use the settings within the project, as the settings via Tools - Options do not influence the current project.

prmueller  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2008)
English to German
TOPIC STARTER
Prjoject settings it was! Oct 6, 2011

Hello Jerzy, you made my day! Yes, after changing the settings in the project setting I saw them reflected in my project files. Great, thank you!

Thomas Zeisler  Identity Verified
Italy
English to German
+ ...
Trados stupid or not? Feb 22, 2012

Jerzy Czopik wrote:

However, you need to use the settings within the project, as the settings via Tools - Options do not influence the current project.

Is Trados stupid? If the function doesn't work it should be greyed out in my opinion!

Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
Why? Feb 22, 2012

Thomas Zeisler wrote:

Jerzy Czopik wrote:

Is Trados stupid? If the function doesn't work it should be greyed out in my opinion!

I do not understand what do you mean? The function is working, it is only the question where do you put your settings for what. So a valid question could also be "User dumb, should be greyed out"...

Hakan Kiyici  Identity Verified
Turkey
Local time: 02:11
Member (2009)
English to Turkish
+ ...
thank you Sep 8, 2013

Jerzy Czopik wrote:

Something new to learn today.

Thank you.

I was going mad. I kept checking from Tools menu item. It caused me a couple of issues with some projects, though.

Bernard Lieber  Identity Verified
English to French
+ ...
QA Sep 8, 2013

Hi,

It also depends on whether you want to check for inconsistencies, click on Inconsistencies (QA -> Project), all of the options are unchecked, check all of them and run F8 and see what kind of discrepancies you're getting. Also, download XBench 2.9 (free) and run a QA test on the same file, you'll see major differences that Studio is not picking up.

HTH,

Bernard

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

QA Checker not working in Trados 2011

Advanced search

BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »
SDL MultiTerm 2017
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2017 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2017 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search