QA Checker not working in Trados 2011
Thread poster: Peter Mueller

Peter Mueller  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 08:36
Member (2008)
English to German
Oct 6, 2011

I have set the QA Checker 3.0 to warn about different punctuation (Options -> QA Checker 3.0 --> Punctuation) and saved my settings. Yet, in the Editor no warnings are displayed. I also tried initiating the check manually, but to no avail.

Seems like a bug to me (and a bad one, that is). Any hints?

Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
Set wihtin the project or in general settings? Oct 6, 2011

There is no bug AFAIK - QA works more than properly in Studio 2011.
However, you need to use the settings within the project, as the settings via Tools - Options do not influence the current project.

Peter Mueller  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2008)
English to German
TOPIC STARTER
Prjoject settings it was! Oct 6, 2011

Hello Jerzy, you made my day! Yes, after changing the settings in the project setting I saw them reflected in my project files. Great, thank you!

Thomas Zeisler  Identity Verified
Italy
English to German
+ ...
Trados stupid or not? Feb 22, 2012

Jerzy Czopik wrote:

However, you need to use the settings within the project, as the settings via Tools - Options do not influence the current project.

Is Trados stupid? If the function doesn't work it should be greyed out in my opinion!

Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
Why? Feb 22, 2012

Thomas Zeisler wrote:

Jerzy Czopik wrote:

Is Trados stupid? If the function doesn't work it should be greyed out in my opinion!

I do not understand what do you mean? The function is working, it is only the question where do you put your settings for what. So a valid question could also be "User dumb, should be greyed out"...

Hakan Kiyici  Identity Verified
Turkey
Local time: 09:36
Member (2009)
English to Turkish
+ ...
thank you Sep 8, 2013

Jerzy Czopik wrote:

Something new to learn today.

Thank you.

I was going mad. I kept checking from Tools menu item. It caused me a couple of issues with some projects, though.

Bernard Lieber  Identity Verified
English to French
+ ...
QA Sep 8, 2013

Hi,

It also depends on whether you want to check for inconsistencies, click on Inconsistencies (QA -> Project), all of the options are unchecked, check all of them and run F8 and see what kind of discrepancies you're getting. Also, download XBench 2.9 (free) and run a QA test on the same file, you'll see major differences that Studio is not picking up.

HTH,

Bernard

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

QA Checker not working in Trados 2011

Advanced search

PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search