MyMemory plugin for Trados Studio 2009 not working
Thread poster: Joanna Syrigou

Joanna Syrigou
Local time: 03:33
Greek to English
+ ...
Oct 7, 2011

Hi all,

This is my first post here so bear with me...

It seems there is a problem with MyMemory plugin for Trados Studio 2009: it's been a couple of days now that it is not returning any results.

I have checked my firewall and there is no problem at that end, so it seems the problem is on their end. Have they changed anything? Is the service down?

I really miss this feature, so if anyone has any further information please let me know.

Thank you in advance,

Joanna Syrigos


 

Joel Earnest
Local time: 02:33
Swedish to English
Just installed MyMemory for first time Oct 8, 2011

It doesn't SEEM to be working in Studio 2011, but then again, I don't know what to look for.

Joanna, maybe you can answer a few questions for me:
I have added MyMemory as a TM but where should I being seeing hits?
Where should the MyMemory plug-in appear in the Studio interface?


 

SDL Community  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 02:33
English
MyMemory Support Oct 8, 2011

Hi,

There does seem to be something amiss. I also tried some text I know is in there after checking on the MyMemory website lookup but get no results at all. The best thing to do is contact the developer through this link as shown on the OpenExchange website:

http://www.translated.net/en/contact-us

On Studio 2011... this version is only supported with Studio 2009. I expect there will be an updated version in due course for Studio 2011.

Regards

Paul


 

Joanna Syrigou
Local time: 03:33
Greek to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
MyMemory plugin for Trados Studio 2009 not working Oct 9, 2011

Joel Earnest wrote:

It doesn't SEEM to be working in Studio 2011, but then again, I don't know what to look for.

Joanna, maybe you can answer a few questions for me:
I have added MyMemory as a TM but where should I being seeing hits?
Where should the MyMemory plug-in appear in the Studio interface?


Joel, reagrding your questions:

1. You are supposed to see hits in the concordance window.
2. The plugin only appears in the Language Pairs window of a project, where you are adding TMs to a project.

I will contact the developers and report back here.

Joanna


 

Joel Earnest
Local time: 02:33
Swedish to English
And... Oct 9, 2011

Joanna Syrigos wrote:

Joel Earnest wrote:

It doesn't SEEM to be working in Studio 2011, but then again, I don't know what to look for.

Joanna, maybe you can answer a few questions for me:
I have added MyMemory as a TM but where should I being seeing hits?
Where should the MyMemory plug-in appear in the Studio interface?


Joel, reagrding your questions:

1. You are supposed to see hits in the concordance window.
2. The plugin only appears in the Language Pairs window of a project, where you are adding TMs to a project.

I will contact the developers and report back here.

Joanna


Thaks Joanna!
If I understand correctly, the way it makes itself apparent is when I do a concordance search--I'll be getting hits from MyMemory as well as my own TMs. Right?


 

Joanna Syrigou
Local time: 03:33
Greek to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
And... Oct 10, 2011

Joel Earnest wrote:

Thaks Joanna!
If I understand correctly, the way it makes itself apparent is when I do a concordance search--I'll be getting hits from MyMemory as well as my own TMs. Right?


That as well as getting fuzzy matches when going into a segment. Actually it works just like another TM, one you can't update.

I use MyMemory plugin only for simple texts, otherwise it's not worth editing the match.

Hope this clears things up,

Joanna


 

Joel Earnest
Local time: 02:33
Swedish to English
Thanks for the info Oct 12, 2011

So I guess this involves the safe confidentiality issues as Google Translate for example.
Would be nice if it was just a shortcut of some sort for occasionally looking up terms in MyMemory.


 


To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:


You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

MyMemory plugin for Trados Studio 2009 not working

Advanced search







SDL MultiTerm 2019
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2019 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2019 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »
PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »



Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search