[trados2011] no "SDL Trados 2011" in Microsoft Word
Thread poster: leylalee

leylalee
Singapore
Local time: 01:24
Oct 11, 2011

could anyone kindly help me?
I delete trados 2009 completely, and then install 2011 version.
but after that, i found there is no "SDL trados 2011" plug-in tool in Microsoft Word, and every time I open a word file, a new blank "Document1" pops up automatically.

[Edited at 2011-10-11 10:31 GMT]

Michał Kraska
Poland
Local time: 19:24
English to Polish
+ ...
templates Oct 11, 2011

Just a guess but you could check templates in your word directory and copy the template from Trados Directory there.

Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
SDL Trados Studio 2011 will not work in MS Word Oct 11, 2011

The only Trados you can find there will be SDL Trados 2007, provided you have the correct template installed.

leylalee
Singapore
TOPIC STARTER
still have the problem Oct 23, 2011

hi Michał and Jerzy,

sorry for late replyicon_frown.gif

thank you for great help

but after i deleted the template (normal.dot), the problem still happens...

Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
You do not need to delete templates Oct 23, 2011

but to add the Trados8.dotm (or Trados8.dot - but NOT both, the version depends on your Word) to your Word startup folder.
However you will never find there any Trados 2011. What you will get is the same Trados 2007 you have had before. Or did you uninstall it?

leylalee
Singapore
TOPIC STARTER
where to find Trados8.dotm? Oct 24, 2011

Jerzy Czopik wrote:

but to add the Trados8.dotm (or Trados8.dot - but NOT both, the version depends on your Word) to your Word startup folder.
However you will never find there any Trados 2011. What you will get is the same Trados 2007 you have had before. Or did you uninstall it?

yup, i'm sure i've unstall Trados 2009 & 2007.
my MS office is 2007 version, but could you kindly tell me where i can find Trados8.dotm and Word startup folder?

Stanislav Pokorny  Identity Verified
Czech Republic
English to Czech
+ ...
Install T2007 first Oct 24, 2011

If you want to use the Word + Workbench workflow, you have to install T2007 first. The template Trados8.dotm will be copied automatically to your Word Startup folder automatically during the T2007 installation.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

[trados2011] no "SDL Trados 2011" in Microsoft Word

Advanced search

Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »
SDL Trados Studio 2019 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2019 has evolved to bring translators a brand new experience. Designed with user experience at its core, Studio 2019 transforms how new users get up and running, helps experienced users make the most of the powerful features, ensures new

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search