Hans Näslund
Sweden
Local time: 11:00
Member (2004)
English to Swedish
+ ...
Oct 14, 2011

The last few days I have got a strange problem with Trados Studio (2009):

When I have translated a segment and double-click/select a word (in either the target or the source column) in order to copy or modify it (or to use the concordance feature), the translation disappears and instead the source text is displayed in the right-hand column. The only way to make changes in the translation is to use the backspace key to delete letters or words and then enter the changes.

This of course makes the translation work slower - and it also sometimes causes translated segments to show as untranslated when the translation is saved as target.

What can the reason for this be? Has anybody else had the same problem - and is there any remedy for this?

Hans

Direct link Reply with quote

István Hirsch  Identity Verified
English to Hungarian
As far as... Oct 14, 2011

I can remember, similar problems have been discussed here several times, for example:

http://hun.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/157412-suddenly_changed_mouse_behavior.html

Hans Näslund
Sweden
Member (2004)
English to Swedish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
No solution? Oct 14, 2011

Thank yoiu for the link - but no solution seems to have benn found . or..?

SDL Community  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
English
Maybe a keyboard conflict? Oct 14, 2011

Hi,

Try going to Tools - Options - Keyboard Shortcuts and change the copy source to target shortcut to something else.... or even remove it temporarily It may help. Sometimes if you are runnig other software in the background that interacts with your work, like look up applications for example, then the shortcuts they use get confused the ones we use.

Regards

Paul

Emma Goldsmith  Identity Verified
Spain
Member (2010)
Spanish to English
Application conflict Oct 14, 2011

As Paul says, this could well be an application conflict. Please see this thread: http://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/182102-studio_2009_how_to_deactivate_double_click_shortcut_in_editor.html and other threads referenced in there.

Hans Näslund
Sweden
Member (2004)
English to Swedish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Prpoblem solved! Oct 14, 2011

Thank you Paul (and Emma)!

For Copy source to target there were two keyboard shortcuts: Ctr+Ins and Alt+Ins. I deleted Ctrl+Ins, and the problem was solved!

Hans

Hans Näslund
Sweden
Member (2004)
English to Swedish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Another Studio problem: each keystroke deletes the following letter Oct 14, 2011

I have also another problem: Ever so often it happens that each new keystroke deletes the following letter. Usually I then close the file, and when I open it again Trados works normally. However, that does not help anymore.

Please help!

Hans

Enote  Identity Verified
Local time: 13:00
Member (2007)
English to Russian
Maybe Oct 14, 2011

Can it be ordinary Insert mode? (press Insert key once)

Hans Näslund
Sweden
Member (2004)
English to Swedish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
The problem persists Oct 14, 2011

Yes - it seems to have somthing tpo do with the Insert key: when I pres Ins, it works nornally - but next time I select (doubleclick) a word an start writing, the same thing happens again-

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Strange behaviour in Trados Studio

Advanced search

memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search