Studio 2009 "La référence d'objet n'est pas définie ..." when preparing a file for translatio
Thread poster: Andrew Tooms
Andrew Tooms
Andrew Tooms
France
Local time: 22:40
Member (2006)
French to English
+ ...
Oct 17, 2011

Hi all

I got the "La référence d'objet n'est pas définie à une instance d'objet" error while preparing a Word docx file for translation. I tried deleting Basesettings.xml, Usersettings.xml and plugincache.xml but that doesn't solve the problem.

Any ideas?

Please?

[Edited at 2011-10-17 14:28 GMT]

Celine Reau
Celine Reau  Identity Verified
France
Member (2009)
English to French
+ ...
I got the same problem Nov 4, 2011

Hello Andy,

I am experiencing the same problem, did you get any solution ?

regards

Céline

Andrew Tooms
Andrew Tooms
France
Member (2006)
French to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Yes and no Nov 4, 2011

I found the solution by changing the file format to .doc instead of .docx. But I don't understand why that solved the problem; go figure as they say.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Studio 2009 "La référence d'objet n'est pas définie ..." when preparing a file for translatio

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »